Does anyone have cookie recipes that can be used in a detailed cookie press?

I made sugar cookies tonight, and I tried using some antique cookie presses I bought a long time ago. Once they were in the oven, the cookies just rose and the indentions went away. I need a recipe that is meant for cookie presses.

Littlejem

Asked by Littlejem at 7:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You would want a cookie recipe that doesn't have any kind of leavening in it. I found this one on recipezaar, it says its cookie press dough, but they are talking about the kind that you put into the little handheld thing that actually presses the dough out of a tube thing, but I'm sure this would work for your press too. :)

1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
    1 cup sugar
    2 large egg yolks
    3 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
    colored sanding sugar

Heat oven to 350°F In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.

Bake until the cookies are lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. To ensure even baking, rotate sheet halfway through the baking process. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 7:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009