pregnant and due in 8wks and frustrated with husband

im due in 8 wks and we have nothing for baby execpt a few little outfits that i have picked up here and there.
we have no crib
no swing no carseat no stroller
no changing table nothing
no diapers no blankets you get my point im sure
everytime i say well we should buy this my husband says oh we have plenty of time dont worry about it right now. WE DONT HAVE THAT MUCH TIME! im so frustrated and i cant just go out and spend several hundreds of dollers with out my husband knowing or i would just go buy things.
how do i get him on board is he just still in denial that baby is coming? I mean its like he knows nothing he thinks things are just going to fall into place over night. yes we are having a baby shower but that doesnt mean we are going to get everything we need thats not reality. EHHHHH i dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would Definately be frustrated w hubby..but i do agree that you should wait till after the baby shower..and then Tell him that you're going to go buy stuff and there is No more time waiting.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Maybe he knows something that you don't. I would stop bugging him and wait until after the shower. In the meantime, window shop.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 8:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• ive got about 9 weeks left and we still dotn have much go out and get it yourself if you have to no need to be "frustrated" with your husband about it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• ok maybe he knows something i dont know but what if he doesnt and we still need a tone of stuff after the baby shower then what?
    we cant afford to go out and by all this stuff at once thats why pregnancy is so long.
    and yes i can be frustrated with my husband about it hes the one telling me not to buy nothing and to wait.
    Anonymous

• I would wait until after the shower. This is not something worth stressing over.

In the mean time, save your money, since you said you can't afford everything all at once.
    squish

Answer by squish at 8:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• For now you can hit the dollar store and buy baby shampoo. While you are doing grocery shopping dump in a pack of diapers. But I would wait until after the shower and see what else you need. Even toss in some wipes. These are things that you will forever need no matter how much you get at your baby shower. For now don't stress. You don't need a crib right away there are many ways around it for a few months so that you can save if you don't get one at your shower. Just be patient. Things will fall into place. Don't be so hard on him. Wait until after the baby shower and then maybe after the baby is born. There are a lot more things to be concerned about then not having a crib and a swing at this point. Just Love him.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yeah I would wait until after the shower but if you feel the need to buy something buy it! Its your money too! Just dont go crazy maybe buy a carseat that for sure you will need one and can always use two if you get another one at the shower. Good luck and relax things will work out!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Like others have said, maybe you will get a lot at the shower.... esp big stuff. No need to go buy it and the return it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• That's frustrating. When I was at your stage, I was nesting hardcore. I bugged my husband to build the crib and to go with me to buy a swing I found on Craigslist. We waited till after the shower to get the rest of our stuff, but I made him put up all the big stuff beforehand. Not to worry you,but we really didn't get any of the big things at the shower. Start looking for used cribs and continue to emphasize that you would feel much better if you had that stuff set up already. We had a scare recently, where I thought I might have the baby 3 weeks early and my husband was really glad I had bugged him to build everything in advance. Just saying...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2009