I need help with potty training a 4 yr. old. He still poops in his pants.

wileyzanesmom

Asked by wileyzanesmom at 8:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• welcome to my world. I have now potty trained 5 children. Never...ever have I had a kid like my grandson. He will be 5 in April and still pooping his pants. He knows how, he can feel it, he knows it's wrong cuz he runs and hides. We've done the sticker charts, lots of praise, talking, not talking, everything we know of...nothing helps. We are afraid he won't be allowed to begin Kinder in the fall because of it. All the Dr's say is "he will get it...some just take longer". This is 'longer' by 2 yrs compared to all the others...btw..3 boys, 2 girls trained..so I know it isn't a gender thing as far as a difference.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Just keep trying your best. my 5 year old still wets the bed at night when my 3 year doesn't. we did the ask every half hour thing.It was the best we could come up with. We also let our child join us for a while to see how its done. but that was in the beginning of potty training and i also think pooping is the harder part and remember they will have accidents especially when playing. and don't worry about school they will help you. and yeah don't use training pants. cause all it is; is a big diaper.
    ladyheather900

Answer by ladyheather900 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• This sounds gross but has a point- does he poop completely or is it just enough to make his underwear dirty?
    Anonymous