what are the best toys for toddlers?

My kids are boy girl twins, 17 months old

lfpr77

Asked by lfpr77 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• General toys:
    a soft squishy ball for indoor ball play (like a gertie ball)
    Baby Dolls (yep, even for your boy)
    Cars (yep, even for your girl)
    Blocks
    Crayons
    Puzzles with big pieces and big knobs on the pieces
    Toddler musical instruments like shakers and drums
    Books, books, and more books

Specific Toys:
    Leap Frog Fridge Phonics is great (the Letter Factory DVD is great too)
    Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Piggy Bank
    Fisher Price Rock, Roll & Ride Trike
    MagnaDoddle or AquaDoddle
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I totally agree with the momma above. The big blocks are wonderful you can get them in the primary colors or you can even by one set pink and the other set primary so that they have all the colors. A little ride on push toy for in the house or that can be used outside of the house. All my sons wanted a doll so I found them a boy one and my daughter loves cars. Those shake and go cars are wonderful. They don't have to shake them to hard either to get them to go.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 11:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• to add the above, the fisherprice little people sets are nice. They're non gender specific and great for pretending. I would also go online and find arts and crafts that they can help make ( decorate with crayon and finger paints) from house hold items. You can make your own instruments and noise makers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• all of the above plus a rocking toy (rocking horse, etc.). at 21 months, my girl's fave is her baby dolls and flash cards with alphabet letters and pictures on them, and my boy's fave is his cars/trains, shape sorter, little people etc.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009