How many thought it was cute when your child said a nasty word to someone?

My cousin thought it was cute intil he DS called her a B!tchhh..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• luckily my DD hasnt done it. and if she does i will NOT think its cute, we dont cuss around her and hopefully she wont pick up those words somewhere
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• no it was not cute.. my daughter said bull sh*t the other day... I flipped out trying to find where she heard it at... I am with her all the time and she is barely ever with out me.. My husband told me that he may have slipped up a few times around her... It was a total disgrace
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 8:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My nephew lives with my parents. About two years ago when he was 3 or so he learned a few swears from watching my father work on house hold projects. We caught him a couple times swearing, told him that those are naughty words, and now he never does it. It was kind of funny when he did it that time though... not cute... but funny. We did not laugh and definitely discouraged it while he was there, but I'm not going to lie, after he went to bed it was HILARIOUS.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We don't cuss around are kids so i don't here them say those bbaaaaddddd words but if i do hear them cuss i will be putting them in time out or the behavior bag witch it won't be pretty if they have to pick up dog poo around the yard.
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 8:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't really think it is cute for children to use adult words that they have no way of knowing the meaning of. I think it's better to teach your children language that they can understand and bennefit from.

I babysat a 3 year old who cursed up a storm because her parents did. Her favorite thing to say to her FRIENDS was "shut up bits" (she means "bitch" but it comes out like "bits." It's not cute at all. She has no idea what she's saying she's just following example.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• we dont say bad words in our house and I hope to never hear any of my kids say one
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No. I was appalled.  My son popped out with a rude word in front of my mother. I guess he thought he'd get a rise out of her. Instead I informed him that we did not use that kind of language. He never did it in my hearing again.

Answer by Bmat at 8:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, altthough I was so shocked I kinda laughed. my son was 4, I think and he whispered to me "mommy, guess what? F*CK!" I dont think he knew what he was saying so I just explained to him that it wasnt an ok word to say and we have never had a problem with him saying bad words since, unless you count "poopy", etc. lol
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2009