What is wrong with my baby?

My daughter is 3 months old and she eats 6 ounces of formula every 4 hours. She just missed a feeding because everytime I tried to put the bottle in her mouth she just screams. She cried and cried and now she's asleep. Any ideas why?

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• teething...colic....ear infection....over tired....could be lots of things sweetie good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• could be a tummyache or gas.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• just out of curiosity. Is she WANTING to eat every 4 hours or are you just keeping her on that schedule?
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• sounds like teething but it could also be an ear infection. Lots of babies refuse bottles when they're getting a tooth...it hurts to suck. Try a faster flow nipple if you're bottle feeding. Otherwise, watch for a fever or any other indication of ear infection.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have her on a schedule and she normally does really good with it
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Maybe she had gas. You can usually tell she has it when they push down or put their arms by their tummies. Also if it's during a feeding. Also, a schedule on a 3 month old doesn't really work right now. Have you tried feeding her when she wants to be fed? I had my baby on a schedule too but it didn't work and now I feed him when he wants to be fed. The pediatrician recommended that I should let my baby sleep when he wants and feed him when he wants. He will wake up or cry when he's hungry. Otherwise don't wake your baby to feed her...it's like you're forcing her to eat and she doesn't want it.
    Anonymous

• The schedule is just a guide not set in stone, she might not have wanted the last feeding because she was still full form the last one,,,it might change next week or next month but be flexible, feed her when she is hungry not when it is time...
    Anonymous

• 6 6oz bottles a day at three months is alot of food try 6 four oz bottles if u like that schedual
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 8:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I was thinking the same thing CC but it has been 7 years since my last baby and he was breastfed so I have no true idea how much he ate LOL
    My DD is 9 and she was formula fed and still dont remember how much she ate
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Don't worry about it, if she's hungry she'll eat. It's probably a belly ache, try giving her some infant mylicon, and lay her on her stomach for a while, it might help.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009