Anyone know how to make homemade pizza calzones/pockets?

Looking for a yummy homemade pizza stuffed pocket of sorts lol...anyone got one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I use a can of biscuits and roll them out. Probably 2 per pocket. You can add a little sauce, cheese and whatever else you want, drop it into the deep fryer for a few min and voila a pizza pocket.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

• You can use store bought pizza dough, either by the tube- like pillsbury, or wegmans sells pizza parlor dough in the prepared foods section.

you want to roll it fairly thin- if you use a tube it will give you four calzones. Don't overfill. It's really tempting to but it doesn't come out well. Place your fillings in the lower two thirds and brush a little water on the bottom edge to seal. Snip or cut a couple small steam vents in the top, and bake. I like to put them on parchment paper to make clean up easy.

If you want to make veggie ones, don't put frozen veggies in there. Make sure you thaw and drain thoroughly. If using frozen spinach (yummy and healthy, just don't over do it.) thaw and wring out in a dish towel thoroughly. Don't forget to season veggies. Meats do not need to be salted.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Good tips...thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I use the frozenen bread dough. I rub vegetable oil on it and let it sit in a pan( i use 2 for a 13 x 9- pan). I follow directions on frozen bread dough bag for quick thaw... then when preparing dinner I spread them out to fit pan, and sauce and whatever toppings I need/want. and bake it. It is delcious and my whole family loves it. I never have enough.
    jzonewood

Answer by jzonewood at 8:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009