Someone help shed some light on why i may be feeling this way?? PLZ

I always feel like a bad person. I am a christian and pray and read my bible daily but constantly feel like the worst person ever and like i will never meet the lords standards. I read the bible and a lot of times i feel confused because its says Jesus forgives the sinners who ask but then i just read parts where it seems like we almost have to be flawless after we accept christ. There are many times i sin, and i have just asked God for forgiveness for that sin. I then feel horrible and like a failure. I struggle with anxiety and some times have a hard time trusting the lord with different areas because of it. I want to and i ask for the lords help but i just keep getting discouraged. Any help or advice whould be lovely. Thanks and God bless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We all sin no matter what you just have to ask for forgiveness but don't worry God is there and he knows your heart and he knows what you think before you think it... We all fall short but just ask for forgiveness and GOd forgives so dont think about that sin anymore he forgives it :) God bless you too sister

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Well, here's a crazy thought...how about just giving up the idea of some 'God' that made you and then decided you were not worthy of him unless you are following his arbitrary rules bowing and scraping and making yourself miserable and how about maybe then you decide that you are just fine the way you are and you don't need anybody's approval but your own? Cut yourself some slack and stop worrying about some imaginary being's 'standards'...you'll feel a lot better about yourself then.
    Anonymous

• You're being too hard on yourself. Quit getting so wrapped up in it. All you can do is try to be the best person you can and when you ask for forgiveness from God, you have to forgive yourself too. God loves you (all of us) and wants us to be happy. You can't do that if you're beating yourself up about everything all the time. It is my belief that God wants us to learn from our mistakes. Maybe yours is not forgiving yourself...so learn from it! God bless.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Christian's aren't expected to be perfect. We are not, we are just forgiven. God does not take away your salvation because you have done something wrong. If you have a pastor you can talk to, I'd start there.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You're being very very hard on yourself.
    Does God not want us to be happy? Of course he does. The last thing he wants, is for us to stress out and be miserable. He knows we will all make mistakes, big and small, over and over, but he knows exactly what's in your heart, and he knows how hard it is NOT to make mistakes these days.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I used to struggle with this too. I now understand that it was my problem. I had a really bad time with guilt. I then read a little tiny book about guilt. It opened my eyes. God is faithful and He forgives, even when we don't know we've sinned He forgives. Guilt is Satan's tool against us and God. When we feel guilty we're wasting time and energy. God wants us to learn from our sin and then let it go. He wants us to focus on growing and serving and not the past. Feeling guilty and like you're unforgiven stops you from growing. It stops you from experiencing God's love and from effecting others. God loves you as you are, not what you aren't. He saved you. You are worthy because you are His child. If He adopted you how can you be unworthy? You're His! Where the Bible speaks of us being perfect like Christ it's referring to the ideal. That should always be our goal but God knows we're human and loves us anyway! pray about guilt!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 9:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I to struggled with anixety for many years and was afraid of what God thought about me and wondered how he could love me and forgive me. The main reason that I felt that way was because I thought my God was like the many men that have belitled, abandoned, and mistreated me. I seen his love through clouded eyes.

Through a prosses and time I have learned who God really is and how much he trully loves me. Study and memorize the promiess in His Word and who you are as a child of God.

Some really good arthers are "Max Lucardo" "Jocey Myers" "Billy Graham" Charles Stanley" They talk alot on Gods love and grace for us and how to deal with fear and anixety. They also use alot of scriptures for you to memorize and study.

The more you know His Truth the better you feel. Rember when Jesus was tempted in the desert he used the Word to defeat the devil. You need to do the same. God Bless and feel free to write me any time.
    Destiny10807

Answer by Destiny10807 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My fav scripture is 1 peter 5:7: While you throw all your anxiety upon him, because he cares for you.
    Chachi.Chachi

Answer by Chachi.Chachi at 10:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• the most amazing thing that I have learned about God this past year is that no matter where we are at in our lives...in the pits of hell, falling or climbing up...he is there with his hand out and we have to do is take hold and let him pull us up. I was feeling this way too and our Church here started a program called "Celebrate Recovery". It is amazing and I recomend it to anyone with hurts, habbits or hangups.... if anyone has any personal questions regarding this program please contact me I'd be glad to talk about it. God is amazing and he forgives your for everything...A good verse is: I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns. Philippians 1:6 Don't let the devil destroy you, hold tight to the Lord!!!
    EmMaldonado

Answer by EmMaldonado at 11:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• p.s. Just remember that Jesus himself said that he came for the weak, sick, lost and broken. He himself wants the unloveable and ruined people to look to him and take his hand. Don't feel below his standards...Jesus doesn't walk ahead of us or behind us....He walks with us he
    EmMaldonado

Answer by EmMaldonado at 11:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009