Why do ppl bash others who get assistance?

Its there for a reason. Some ppl need alittle help. There is nothing wrong with it. Your NOT allowed to collect welfare and sit at home. Foodstamps yes but, even if you work and dont make enough, You can still get them. IM thankful for medicaid... my daught wouldnt have it otherwise. I get a small amount of child support and 25 dollars is to go towards health insurance. Where would i get insurance for that amount! I just dont think ppl should bash as if they are better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i only have a prob with people who get it for years at a time and sit at home and dont even try to work or help them selfs..... everyone needs help once and a while and thats what it is there for but not to take an atvange of...
    Anonymous

• Not to sound stupid, but what is a ppl?
    Mindy-KidCentri

Answer by Mindy-KidCentri at 8:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I totally agree.
    Anonymous

• It's an old fashioned belief that welfare recipients are lazy and welfare is a socialist program. It's ridiculous for sure. If you need assistance, that's what it's for. There are people who abuse the system, and some people just assume everyone is.

Ignore their judgements.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• People.... ppl and its very obvious what it means. Even if you just have average intell
    Anonymous

• I know a married couple... both work. They get food stamps and have one child.
    Anonymous

• I have a huge problem with the assistance. programs.. And I would be one to bash people who have it.. My husband was laid off back in November and I went in Jan. to apply for some help to support my daughter. We were 2 months behind on our bills and I had very little money to get food. I applied for the INRoads program.. --food stamps and the medical card for my daughter. When I went in to the DHHR for my app. the case worker told me that I had no chance of getting any help. I WAS WORKING PART TIME... 15 hours a week.. The case worker told me I WORKED TOO MANY HOURS A MONTH... so I guess you really do have to sit on your butt at home to get help... hubby now works and I am a SAHM.. so it all worked out good,,
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 8:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• NOT EVERYONE on medicaid abuses it and I know that. Some people really do need it and it is wonderful resource to have available.

What actually irritates most people are those on public assitance that are cheating the system. My tax dollars (a lot of them) go to medicaid. It bothers me to stand in line at the CVS and see the woman in front of me search through her Coach bag (real), pull out the keys to her Lexus so that she can reach in and get her Access (food stamps) card and Medicaid card for her prescription. I'm standing there in my $4 on clearance Target shoes driving my 6 year old Neon...and yet I'm paying for the Coach/Lexus woman's prescription because she figured out a way to live it up and get government money for free. I'm a Social Worker and have also worked in Medical Financial Counseling so I think I see the "shadier" side of the system than most people do.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There are people who have been on welfare since they were little and are now raising their children this way. It is a vicious cycle, for some. I have heard people say they are getting pregnant to get more welfare. I heard one lady say she has never worked one day in her life, has gotten three college degrees, and remains in college, just to collect the extra money, she has raised her daughter, managed to live in a nice home, recently replaced the windows and siding... all while never having worked a day in her life. Yes, she told me, a single mother of two working at the siding and window place, this. This is why I don't like it.
    Anonymous

• i don't understand how people can even abuse the system. i am too honest. lol. we are trying to get foodstamps because my boyfriend is laid off becuase of his back and he can't work - he is in the labor industry (he is trying to fix it so that he doesn't have to get disability and can go back to work), his parents are living with us because his dad lost his job and his mom is disabled and they couldn't afford where they were living, and we have 3 kids (2 are my SKs). I am working part time because he isn't working, but i can't go get anything full time because if he does get better and can go back to work, i would be screwing over where ever it was that i was working. also, i am going to start school again in the summer. so with 7 people in our household and very little income we need the help. the house is paid for and so is my car, but we are still paying on bfs truck. we only now MIGHT qualify for aid....
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009