Does your DH work long hours?

I just got off the phone with DH. He already works from 8-10 with a 40 minute drive both ways.
He told me he will be working from 7-12 now!!!! 7 days a week!
Does anyone elses DH work crazy hours? How do you get family time? Our DD only gets to see him for about an hour a day as it is! She will never see him now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• my hubby is in the airforce and normally works from 2pm-12pm. but next week or the week after (im not really sure yet) he is supposed to start 12 hours shifts :(
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yup. My husband works 6 days a week. 8 am to 9:30/10:00 pm. Around the 15th and the end of the month, he doesn't leave work until at least 10:30.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My husband usually works just 8-9 hours a day but he has to travel at least once or twice a month for 3-4 days at a time, leaving me with his 6 year old son...AND his phone is literally attached at the hip and ALWAYS seems to be the priority!!! I get fed up a lot but the fact is he makes the money and he owns his own business, so he has to work really hard. And he is a great husband and father too. If he wasn't such a great husband I definitely wouldn't put up with it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My hubby is in the Army so his hours vary. The last few days he has been working from 1pm-2am (because he's been doing night flights) Usually he works from 8:30am - 5pm but, that's on a good day. Sometimes he doesn't get home till after 7 or 8. Our family times are on the weekends(when he doesn't have to work).

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 8:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my husband is a truck driver and works out of town monday thru friday and sometimes monday thru saturday. and when he comes home on the weekends he is very tired so me and our son stay in bed with him and whatever running around that we need to do we do it together in order for us to catch up on the time missed. and for the one on one time my sone goes to sleep by 7 or 8pm and we stay up together for at least an hour and talk or just spend that quiet time together. at first i hated it especially when my son was a newborn..hes 11 months now. but we always find ways to make it work...god luck
    gsoto1031

Answer by gsoto1031 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Be thankful he's able TO come home... My Hubby is only home about every 4 weeks, and we cherish every moment when he is home... He owns/drives a truck as well but in order for him to make the big bucks he stays out 4 weeks at a time and then is home a week to 10 days. He spends all his time at home when he's here doing jobs around the house, cars etc... Like I said be thankful, and don't take it for granted...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My husband has always worked very long hours. You just have to make the most of the time that you do get to have as a family. In today's economy especially, we should just be thankful that we have jobs to go to.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have tried that but I like the fact that now I have a man that will sajy he can't work all the time since he has a family that needs him too. There has to be a balance.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I wish my husband would work more!
    Anonymous

• Seriously, the money can't be worth it if you have to be gone that much! You can't even stop and enjoy your life.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009