When will babies' eye color change?

hulisa3

Asked by hulisa3 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they may not change at all but the color around 16 months will be the babies eye color
    Anonymous

• The previous poster is partially correct. Sometimes a child's eyes never change, sometimes they do. And when they do varies with each child. All of my kids were born with blue/grey eyes. They changed to blue by the time they were around 1 yr. However, my 4th child's eyes changed back to grey when he was 6 yrs. Now my 5th child's eyes are also changing to grey and he just turned 6. I expect my 6th child's eyes to change back to grey, too, since they are all from my 2nd hubby.
    nAfrenzy

Answer by nAfrenzy at 9:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son was born with the grey/blue eyes, supposedly all babies are born with. His changed to blue after a few months and now he is 6 months and for sure are really blue. They doctor said the color they have at 6 months is the color they will be.
    DJMsmom

Answer by DJMsmom at 9:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I was born with blue eyes, then they turned green when I was about 7-8 years old...
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yeah i had blue til I was about 9, now i have green. Some medical preofessionals speculate that life trauma can cause eyes to change color later in life. Don't know how true that is or how it would work. Really there is no magical age. My daughter had blue, she was born with blue and now she is 3 and they are still blue.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I was born with brown eyes, not all are born with blue. My DD has blue like hubby and she is 5 months...I doubt they will change
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There is no 'magical' age where you are sure of your child's eye color. I have heard at about 9 months they may start changing again to their real color. My LO was born with blue/grey eyes (actually DH's color). They continued to increase in their blueness. At about 6 months I had a bright blue eyed boy. I now have a 3 yr old with light brown/hazel eyes. His didn't completely get to this color until about 2 1/2 yrs old. I even asked the doctor at his 2 yr appointment what you would 'label' DS's eye color (to have in that child safety packet). He looked and looked and said well he has it all so IDK just have a recent close up picture in your packet. Just hang in there and know that no matter what the color that amazing being is still behind them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2009