baby food

My son is almost 5 months old and i gave him some baby food and he swallowed it and he did really good with it so when did you start feeding your babies baby food is it too soon for him

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started when he was 4 month on stage one 6 months with stage 2 and at 7 1/2 months is now on stage 3 and eating table foods....
    Anonymous

• The usual age is 6 months. But I know moms who have started their babies on solids at 4 months. It's best to wait until baby can sit by itself, swallow, and support its head well. I waited until my babe was 6 months.
    livilovey

Answer by livilovey at 9:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Same here. my son will be 5 months 2mrw actually. i started him about 2 weeks ago. peas were first. and i just gave him peas for 3 days before i moved to a new food (all stage 1 of course) just in case he got an allergic reaction. but he's been doing great. i just introduce a new one every 3 days! so far it's been peas, sweet potatoes, carrots!!! he loves it. i cant wait till i can combine them and move up to the good stuff like turkey dinner! hahahaa hope this is of help
    princess021

Answer by princess021 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We started at 5 1/2 months. It's only been a couple of weeks, but no problems yet. It's best to wait until they can sit up on their own.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I started feeding my son baby food at 4 months.

adg0114

Answer by adg0114 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• The "norm" is 6 months, but if he's doing well with it now then he should be fine. Just talk it over with your doctor and I'm sure they'll give you the go ahead. My son ate a little here and there starting at 4 months, but it wasn't a full feeding or anything like that. He's almost 8 months now and he's good on solids and even feeds himself finger foods now.
    WhiskerLickins

Answer by WhiskerLickins at 1:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• boy i kinda feel bad a little now i started all my boys at a month one baby cereal. but they weren't getting enough to eat from the formula even though they constantly had a bottle then actual baby food at 3 months and #2 foods after they learned to swallow good and # 3 foods after they got teeth.
    ladyheather900

Answer by ladyheather900 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2009