for married moms

Im young 22 to be exact im a stay at home mom and we are fine fiancially but not much extra money to play with ya know what i mean? anyways we have been talking about our wedding (been engaged for over a year) but we dont have a ton of money. i am pretty strict catholic so obviously i want a wedding in a church and something simple but beautiful. my question is what our some low cost ways to have the wedding of your dreams. im somewhat artistic what are some things i can do on my own? what did you young married moms do and what did you pay for your wedding. im not counting on money fom either of our parents so we are on our own

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband and i paid for the hole thing
    Anonymous

• i made my own cake ( own my own cake businss) , did the center pieces my self and alot of other things
    Anonymous

• my parents paid for everything.. but we had a small simple wedding. we had our reception in cheap hall nothing fancy whatsoever. i splurged on my dress. got fake flowers and put them together myself. my mom and granny made the food. everything was simple. really people arent going to remember and say "oh ashlee's centerpieces were so pretty" "oh ashlees real flowers smelled so good" they are going to remember what YOU looked like. when I go to weddings thats all I remember is how good the food was, and how beautiful the bride and the dress was :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• krazyash..where did you get the flowers for the center pieces? did you have a big wedding party? what about a photographer?
    Anonymous

• shop around.. you can find tons of deals on the internet, and even walmart has the martha stuart wedding stuff
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think you should have a quiet wedding and then spend your money on a reception.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Well, you can't be that strict, given you have a baby out of wedlock.
    Anonymous

• i bought my wedding dress on ebay. the wedding cake was a fake cake with the topper being real and had a friend make it. they just had a sheet cake they made on the side for the guest. i borrowed the table cloth from our church and we bought cheap vases with costco flowers in it of what ever colors we had. the bridesmaids paid for their own dresses and the tuxes by the bridegrooms men. we got member of our church to do our pics although i wish we had gotten someone more of a pro. i got the sign in book on ebay with pen. my family made the food. we also bought pears online with the saying the perfect pear. my mother bought molds of two pears with a wrapper with a mint string. check out my profile. deals on internet for sure and network with people they may know someone who can hook you with things. as for a dj use and ipod or zune and run it off the computer. that is what my bil did for us. my flowers were on trade.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• oh.....we had our wedding and reception outside with stringed twinkle lights next to a Victorian styled house
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• wedding party was three girls and three guys
    i don't want to talk about our wedding photographer she did a TERRIBLE job and we ended up taking her to court for it. but i feel the photographer is VERY important because that is all you will have left of your special day!! so SHOP AROUND ask for REFERENCES!!!
    flowers we bought from Hobby Lobby
    centerpieces we borrowed from my SIL so if you know someone who was already married try and borrow theirs. what they were were vases very simple about six inches tall, 4 inches diameter with water and a floating candle, and something like rose pedals around it, or wedding confetti, or hershey kisses something creative around it.. i don't even remeber what we did (see no one will remember so keep it simple and cheap!!!)
    We only invited people we were close to, close family and friends about 150 people!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2009