I am not a political person. So could someone tell me the differece between democrats and republicans. Please, no bashing. No put-downs. Just facts please. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There is no difference, its a reference to something that has no bearings. It used to mean something, back in the 40's and 50's, but not now. Now what matters is MONEY!
    Anonymous

• Here is kind of a basic term of what I know. Dem is more accepting of homosexuality, pro choice and seems to not be as religious and rep seems to be more pro life, against homosexuality and christian but there is a lot of mixture in the two but that seems to be where people base some of it on. I say become independant and pick which ever president you feel will serve out president better. I have my own personal feelings about religion, abortion and other things but I look at the welfare of our country and much more things other than that. I choose who I feel is right..Not who has a certain title.
    Anonymous

• Dems care about others and Republicans care about their wallet
    Anonymous

• In general, democrats are more liberal socially (they are more accepting of gay rights, abortion, stem cell research, and tend to be less bible-driven). Republicans tend to be anti-gay rights, pro-life, believe in the bible and try to live by it.... I am also not a political person so I can't explain the more "political" beliefs, but I do know about the social side of it.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime."

The Democrats like to hand out free fish and the Republicans like to demand that people earn their fish. That's the most basic analogy their is lol.
    Anonymous

• Democrats are fiscally liberal, Republicans are fiscally conservatives. Extremist Democrats are socially liberal and extremist Republicans are socially conservative (those are the "wedge issues") A lot of people vote on the social issues, but the only ones that really count in the end are the fiscal ones.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Republicans support a right-wing position(Conservative). Including limited central government, and tough, dominant foreign policy. Republicans tend to believe in pro-business policies and believe in personal accountability and prefer to limit dependence on government in every day life.

Democrats support the left wing ideology (Liberal). Support social (entitlement) reform, a tax structure that causes those who earn more in society to fund (via more taxes) government services (welfare, Medicare, etc). Democrats generally believe in a bigger government overseeing social programs.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Democratrs are more liberal in their beliefs. Everything is about spending money and creating hand-out programs. They lean more towards "more Govt control" and less "of the people" They are big on social programs that make the people more dependant of the gov so they have more control over people. (Socialism/communism)

Republicans are more conservative in their beliefs. They believe in letting the people run their families, businesses, churches etc. and are there for a hand up when needed but only as a temporary means of helping hard-working people get back on their feet, not as a way of life. They push for strong self-sufficient people and empower them to be self-sufficient. (Capitalism)

Anonymous

• EASY..........Democrats care about working class Americans and Republicans only care about the Rich.
    Anonymous

• haha, i think anon 925 said it the best....

and i disagree... i am neither i consider myself and inpendent and only vote for who i think will do a better job..

the way i see it, dem. or more liberal, they want to help "everyone" no matter want and just give give give....(which is also a big way to get in votes for them)

while as rep. don't just hand things out and expect you to work and earn things like everyone else...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009