Ok, I need your help ladies... I do freelance work & a third person was hired to fill-in as needed however, already twice they've given this person some of my work. I am trying to be diplomatic but I am livid. Any advice?

I've expressed my feelings to the person I report to, & @ first I was informed I get first picks b/c I have seniority (at least that was what was said to me to reassure me or pacify me, if you will). However, he has continue to do this & I don't want to step on his toes by asking to speak to the president of the company. The person I report to @ this agency is rude, pompous & arrogant & sets our schedules.
I am a hard worker, well respected & have an excellent repoire with all staff members@ my workplace. I certainly do not appreciate being shortchanged so that they can accomodate a newcommer. There is enough work there for me but distributing the wealth to someone who was suppose to be a filler, who was hired under this notion, I think is unethical. They knew very well there wouldn't be enough work for him even as a part timer. I will be talking with him in the morning Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• honestly there isnt anything you can do about it and i think going up higher isnt gonna help you.. thats just me unless you have a contract they dont have to give you anything
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 9:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You say you work hard, are well respected and get along with staff members. What you didn't say is that your actual work is the best of those around you. Maybe they are getting a better product out of the new guy. What can you do to ensure that they want to go to you first? Where I am, the person that does the best work often gets overloaded because we can count on them to get the job done well. Instead of looking outward for someone to blame or call on the carpet, maybe you should start by looking inward to see if there is a reason why they might get something more/better out of someone else.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• halfpint ny- Actually, I am in high demand there & I've been told by most if not all,that they request me,all of the time,however, although that isn't always guaranteed. The only thing I can possibly imagine would be is that they are paying this person at a lower rate & I've been told personally by many staff members there,they are very dissatisfied with this persons style. Again,staff members there have nothing to do with the hiring & it comes down to politics & possibly salary as I believe in this case.
    I am a go getter and pride myself on proficiency & getting things done and I have always been regarded an asset at any organization I've represented. So in response to your post, I have always been the type of person who's always been polishing my skills & on top of my game, refinning my repertoire etc. Unfortunately, there are not many perks with freelance work hence there is no allegiance.
    Anonymous