Transit Vaginal Ultrasound?

Ive never had one before, Iam having one tomorrow. What should I expect... I really dont wanna show my stuff. lol Why is it ness?? Iam only 12 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i've had a few as well. I had a few trans-vag u.s. done because of ovarian cysts and one while i was pregnant because i was still early along and experiencing alot of pain and they needed to make sure that it was a tubal pregnancy. It just gives them a more indepth picture then a normal one can, especially really early on in pregnancy. It is a slight bit uncomfortable but there's no need to be self concious about it because the ultra sound tech is used to it just like ob's are used to looking and dealing with down there. And pending on the ultrasound tech, they may even ask if you would like to insert the probe to make you feel more comfortable. It's not really a big deal, and doesn't normally take to long.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 10:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• they don't hurt don't worry i had one a few months ago cause they were making sure everything was okay because i haven't started my period after i got of BC but they don't hurt I guess its just a different view
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I had one, it doesn't hurt but you wont like it.
    Anonymous

• You aren't exposed to a vaginal transducer as you are during an exam. The technician will need to use her gloved finger to locate the entrance to your vagina to insert the transducer and while she holds it with that hand she is busy looking at the monitor and typing with her other hand. The transducer looks like a wand so her hand will not be inside of you.
    It can be uncomfortable if she is instructed to locate a portion of your anatomy that does not show easily on an abdominal ultrasound and so sometimes she will need to push it up against your cervix a bit. Just breathe deep, relax, and it will be over before you know it.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• They aren't necessary. Why are you having one? U/S have not been proven safe and the ACOG does not recommend the use of routine U/S for every pregnant woman. They should be reserved for use only when necessary. There has been some evidence that it heats up the cells in the baby. I would only get one if I thought the benefits outweighed the risks.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have never heard of this....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Trans-Vaginal's are not as bad as you think. I mean I know that you are laying there with no pants on and a probe stuck up your vagina, but its rather quick and I guess you get more indepth images and results. They give you a sheet to cover your whole bottom half. I never had one for a pregnancy, but I had cysts and I had so many of these ultrasounds its not even funny,..Finally after having so many I would just lay there and be like okay lets do this and get it over with cause I was just so used to having them...Good Luck with yours!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009