Olay Product line

I am thinking about trying them, I have oily skin and an acne problem that has been driving me crazy since middle school, I will be 20 in April, and would love to actually have "adult" skin finally...lol, Anyway, I have tried proactive and a few other things, but am considering Olay, the seem like a good line... any thoughts?

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Oh , and please don't advertise any home business lines or anything, I want something I can pick up at Wal-Mart ya know?
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I've actually found that the cleaners don't clean well enough, and the lotions leave me dry in the fall and winter. I have oily skin with acne that's also prone to dry patches, and after trying tons of different products, I've recently been having a lot of luck with just plain unscented bar soap with hot water, followed by Aveeno lotion.
    Anonymous

• olay doesn't work for me but try neutrogena's healthy skin antiwrinkle antiblemish cream its wonderful. the retinol in it for wrinkles clears up the acne and keeps it from leaving marks afterwards and help with shine and face scrub. i know you dont want home business advice but i do sell avon and all of my customers have raved over the liiv botanicals products for the face. They're just as inexpensive as the Walmart stuff and from the girls I've sold it to its been a huge difference. Unfortunately I can't use it because I am allergic to cucumber extract! Anyway if you did want to try it www.youravon.com/dhullum and ill ship it free with code FSANY if not try the neutrogena it might help you out. Good luck girl.
    Anonymous

• first of sugar you have to understand that acne is a type of bacteria. some people systems dont fight it as well as others. go to the pharmacy at wal-mart and ask them to order you a face soap called physoderm. it helps the skin balance the acid & bacteria level on top of the skin. thy not to scrub your face, it spreads the bacteria. but do try to clean the nasty gue & dirt out of the poors individually. once the pore is cleaned out & the bacteria is killed, it will stop the spread & slowly (unfortunately) heal your beautiful face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Olay is a good line of products.  All you can do is try it.  You know their slogan "love the skin you're in"!  Well honey, does it ever apply to you!  Your oily skin is a pain in the ass right now but trust me, in a few years you will count yourself lucky.  I have had oily skin my whole life.  I'm now 45 and just recently a stranger guessed my age to be 34.  I am lucky to have fabulous skin for my age ESPECIALLY since I have done the complete opposite of everything the skin care experts tell you to do.  I never moisturised, I never drank water, I never used sunscreen, I have lived my whole life in a harsh climate and I smoke.  It has been my oily skin that has kept it in such good condition.

You start protecting your skin now and by the time you're my age you will still be looking FABULOUS!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would just stay away from anything with mineral oil in it. It will actually make the problem worse. Be careful that what you buy at Wal-mart or any other retailer may have lots of fillers. You can actually be spending more on that product than you would on a more expensive one that is concentrated. You need to find something that cleanses without stripping.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 5:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm 25 and I get pretty broken out if I'm not careful, so this is my routine (and it's a little complicated): Most of these are Olay products-- Clarify & Cleanse Daily Scrub morning and night, Total Effects (TE) instant smoothing serum, then TE Anti-Aging Salicylic Acid Acne Moisturizer, TE Eye Cream in the morning. At night, I use the TE Night Cream, Eye Cream, and then I do a 2% Salicylic Acid gel all over my face (I find that helps it stay clear). When I do break out (which is rare now) I do a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream on just the zit. Twice a week I use the Olay microdermabrasion kit instead of cleanser.
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 11:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009