nonstress test and a US

how long does a non-stress test and US
take or around how long will it be
i have one tomorrow at 8:15
then im gonna see my doc a 10:15
does it really take that long????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, im usually on it for like 45 mins. & the ultra sound takes like five minutes cause they are measuring your fluid.... you will be on it at most an hour & than have the US....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i just had one today actually.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• NSTs are around 30 mins to an hour.
    and ultrasounds it depends on what they are looking for.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• the can keep you hooked up as long as they want until they are satisfied. I went to the ER for totally unpregnancy related stomach pain and spent 3 hours on those stupid monitors...then they were like well you aren't in labor, and I was like ok. thanks. now what about my stomach pain to which they answered we can't do anything about that.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• NST's vary. Usually a minimum of 30 minutes, I had some last up to 2 1/2 hours. US is going to depend on what they are looking for.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It depends. I had some that only lasted about 30 minutes. They have to track so many movements from the baby before they can let you go. Eat and drink a glass of cold water before you go. It should help get the baby moving, and it will make the time your in there shorter.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009