im married and my husband doesnt allow me to have access to his bank account,because he says im the big spender...does anyone else have this problem????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• HIS bank account?? No way, we share everything.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• open your own account that is what i did
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Did you do something to prove yourself untrustworthy with the household funds?
    Anonymous

• HIS!? Wow i thought when you got married his became hers and hers became his...?? We SHARE everything!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• nope i have control over all the money. we talked about before we married and he agreed i would handle it all since he is younger and not very good with money. i would ask him for an allowance then. you shouldn't be with anything if it is true you spend to much if it's not i would divorce him or accept it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Then tell him to make sure he gives you a Power of Attorney in case he dies. Some men are selfish idiots. Does he at least have the bank statement sent to the house so you can see how well HE is doing spending the money and where it goes?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My EX husband was like that. lol
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My husband and I have seperate accounts. we have been married 22 years tried the same account thing for years and we fought about money all the time, it sucked. now he pays all the bills I use my check for groceries, my car payment extras for the house and then I give him money towards the bills, but I am not on his account and hes not on mine. Nothing to hide but it sure has eliminated the fighting over where the money goes. Its not a bad thing for us it really works.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would never go for that my parents were married for about 25 years my dad was always that way.My dad is wonderful but he is a control freak I watched my mom go threw that while growing up and not going to happen to me.Live and learn
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i dont have acces to anything.im a stay home mom,no i havent done anything untrust worthy.its like a control thing.i guess or is he hiding something????he pays the bills does everything.i dont do anything just take care of the kids.he gives me money sometimes.but i dont pay bills or nothing i really dont know what to do..we been married 4 years now.i cant open a account cause it will get frozen i owe alot of money im tryin to clear my credit..grrr i hate him right now
    Anonymous