• In the Spotlight:

How am I supposed to know if the question I am posting is ok? This ISNT meant to inflame others but come on, people can answer in the negative ways that they want and be snotty and rude but when you post a question about why people who such thing it gets deleted. I just want to know why people feel its okay to down talk other mommies who are trying their hardest and you dont know their situation.

If someone doesnt like something shouldnt they just turn the other cheek... Obviously the person who reported it thought I was talking about them and THEY are doing something wrong... This is posted in current events because this is an on going problem with cafe mom, do you think they should look into the people who are constantly rude to others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Some women just like to make themselves feel better by putting other women down. Then there are women like me who should just realize they need to stay off CM when they have PMS. Seriously, I've been guilty of being nasty to people and feel terrible about it after my hormones settle down. So now I just stay away...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• people on here get easily offended for some reason they are uptight as hell no matter what the question is someone will be offended they usually hide tho
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Try reading your terms of service that you agreed to when you joined CafeMom. You very much do know whether or not your post will be inflammatory and you can delete it yourself if you wish. What makes you think anything has to be reported, and CafeMom themselves do not oversee the writings and delete them just because. Stop Assuming it's another member and not the powers that be that run this place.

Anonymous

• When you post a question, you are ASKING people to comment back to you without knowing your situation. Therefore, people mistunderstand things, they assume things, they misread things and they comment accordingly. Basic rules of thumb (and I have no idea what previous post you are talking about, I didn't see it): If you post a controversial topic, you will get controversial answers. If you post a question with an attitude or in a rude way, people will reflect the same attitude back to you in their answer (basic psychology). If a question was deleted, it wasn't just because someone reported it. CM only deletes things that disagree with their Terms of Use.

Everything that gets posted on here usually offends someone. It's best to just ignore it and cherish your own opinion lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• hmmmm, ok...huh?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• it could be a question about a car seat or bottle feeding or breast feeding or whatever and others still think they have the right to down talk. There is correct ways of answering
    Anonymous

• yea some mommas on here get down right nasty for no reason....and are super judgemental..then there are the ones who i think our bored and just hate their lives so they try to put down others...

OP, best thing to do...just ignore them... its only CM atleast you don't deal with them in real life...

and CM has some rules against this... if u constantly post rude comments over and over and they are reported enough times they will "suspend" their account for like a week...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If you are upset when you are typing, don't hit answer question, or ask question, until you aren't. Once you re-read what you've written, you may find that your innocent question was asked in uber-bit** mode. You can then re-word appropriately and not worry about being deleted.

It's not just other mom's that report. The powers that be delete, as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Anime mom619. TOOOO FUNNY! So true.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sort of getting the jist of what you asked. Really, the best advice I can give is this: CM isn't real. People decide that it is and fight and fight and fight (I am totally guilty) and lose site of what they are arguing about. Then, people cannot hear the inflections in anothers voice and take what is typed wrong. Then there are the others that think (again, I am guilty) faster than they type and it comes out all jumbled. Finally, we are all reported at one time or another. You will never be vanilla enough for the masses. It is tough, but just dig who you are and screw the rest.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009