Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I ask my Dr.??

I don't really want to be induced, but I am 40 weeks and 3 days. My DH is starting his new job on Monday, and has to go to training in Dallas for 3 weeks. I was induced with my older child and know how horrible of an experience that was for me, but am wondering if it would be best. I really wanted to just let this baby come when he was ready. So, should I ask my Dr. to induce, or just pray that I go into labor really soon?


Asked by LolosMom at 9:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 3 (24 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • You KNOW whats best mama, to let your baby be born when he/she is ready to be born and not forced out and evicted from the womb.....I had my 2nd baby when my husband was deployed to Iraq and I know how much it sucks not having the father and person you love most to be there with you, BUT, babys wellbeing was more important to us, I could have scheduled the birth around when he would have been home for his 2 weeks of R&R leave but I didnt, some things are just more important and I didnt want to force baby out too early.

    Good luck to you, I hope everything works out!

    Answer by jlizgar at 7:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • I have heard so many horror stories about inducing labor...i understand you're feeling but I think if there's any way you can just wait and let it happen naturally, you should. That's just my opinion.. :)

    Answer by stepmom929 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

  • I'd consider just talking it over with the Dr. If anything else, they might need to check the fluid levels to see if you can continue carrying until the baby's ready...don't want to endanger by "over-cooking." If anything else, you'll just get peace of mind and maybe not have to induce. Then again, I've learned...once you TALK induction, the baby tends to make it on his/her own before hand. G'luck with whatever you do.

    Answer by Imortlmommy at 10:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

  • Yeah I think that you should def talk to your doc. You are going to want him there! And also for support those few days he can be home. I would say induce. You are past 40 weeks and your baby is fully developed. Good Luck!

    Answer by Tris_09 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

  • I can understand your reasoning. While medically, I personally don't support inductions for personal reasons, it will be harder for you emotionally if your husband isn't able to be there for you. I can't imagine my hubby not having been there. Hopefully, as I type this, you're having contractions. =)

    Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • I agree with Jlizgar the health of you and your baby are far too important. My friend induced due to her husband was going to be deployed and now she wishes she just let him come on his own. But you make the choice you feel is right for you.
    Best wishes

    Answer by EmbracingBirth at 9:46 AM on Feb. 26, 2009