is right to be jealous???

i had a miscarrage 3 weeks ago and my sister is pregnant and shes always rubbing her belly in front of me ;-( i am happy for her i really am i try not to be jealous but it happens its really hard what should i do to stop being jelous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry you are going thru this. It has to be terrible. Are you guys close enough that you could politely ask her to tone it down....or maybe have your mom to do this for you?

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I doubt it is so much jealousy with you as it is being reminded of the disappointment. Miscarriages are really hard to go through and not having a baby when you desperately want a baby is miserable. I have been there, I understand...and she should too...especially if she has ever been through something like that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It's okay. You'll get your own baby and then you can rub your belly in front of her and savor it! Sorry about the miscarriage, your jealousy will pass.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It might not be RIGHT to be jealous, but it's definitely understandable. That's a tough one, I'm pregnant and I think I rub my belly a lot too...I think it's something that just kind of happens....I think you should feel free to tell her that it makes you feel bad, I'm sure she's not doing it on purpose. Talking always makes me feel better.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yeah were close but i dont wanna say anything to be mean or anything i am happy for her and as for my mom shes always showing me baby clothes that she had bought my sister and sometimes when we go shopping my sister always saying what are you gonna buy for my baby? we were only 1 week aprat in our preegnancy so its soo hard and my sister in law is pregnant aswell and she told me to stop being sad and move on ..
    Anonymous

• im really sorry that happened to you and if i were your sister i would be a little more careful around you. it might help to think positive. im kinda in the apposite situation. im pregnant with identical twin boys and am in a threaten late miscarriage situation. my oldest sister is pregnant with her 4th boy shes been trying for a girl but no luck. i already have two little girls so she go really mad when she found out about the boys. im trying to keep them as long as i can atleast just until they can survive and she still just mad that im having both genders. try to be there for her and let her know how you feel.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Awww congrats on the twins such a blessing imma pray for you and hope eveything goes ok godbless
    Anonymous

• Tell her to shut her face! It takes time and yes you will start to fell better someday. As for your sister I think that you need to have a sit down with her and have a good cry maybe include your mom and let them know how you feel and how happy you are for her. I think they might be able to comfort you. Good Luck and i am so sorry this has happened to you.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sweetie it isn't a matter of right or wrong here. It is natural to be jealous. Miscarriage is a very sad event. It is perfectly normal for you to want a baby and envy someone who is pregnant. If you were to act on your jealousy by being mean or something, that would be wrong. But you feelings are not wrong. I'm sorry for your loss.

To stop being jealous? You may not be able to. But you CAN stop beating yourself up for having those feelings. That will help you feel a lot better. Being jealous doesn't mean you're not happy for her. For every negative thought you think, think 5 positive thoughts. Say them out loud. Take negative thoughts captive and don't let them bring you down.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thank you so much ,i was talking to my siser and telling her how i wanna get a tatoo to remember my lil one and she looked like oh thats nice and i care because? even when i was pregnant at the time they didnt seem to care so i felt left out and when i miscarried they didnt really seem to care ethier i haven never felt soo hurt ah im starting to cry now its soo hard
    Anonymous