Any Sylvia Browne fans?

I had a reading yesterday with her and she said I'd live into my 90's which makes my blood run cold. I'm grateful for life but am so depressed at this news. My Grandma died this year at 98 and I watched her deteriorate. Can't get over how bummed I am. Maybe she's wrong.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 10:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love Sylvia!! I'm watching her webcast right now. LOL.

That's awesome you got a reading with her. Sorry you don't like the news but you know, even if you DO live to be 90 something, it's still only a few seconds to our "spirit". I know sometimes I wish I could take the exit door, too but you have to just be as positive as you can be. Remember God loves you and you are here by your choosing, not as some form of punishment or "trial period". I hope you're able to see the rest of your life as a gift, rather than being depressed about it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• There is a good chance she is wrong. I very much have faith in many psychics.....but not her. It is probably best to live your life and not plan it by what they tell you.
    Anonymous

• well you won't know until you get their.. remember evey they will admit they are wrong at times because you make the choices in your own life, and the path you take, may not be the path she followed to forecast your future.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You had a reading with her?!?! How did you manage that? I have read some of her books, a couple are on my bookshelf. I would love to attend the church she founded. I think she is very intriguing.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I am a big fan! No psychic is 100% accurate though. Sylvia Browne actually says this in her books and she estimates herself to have about 85 or 88% accuracy. I am envious of you :)
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I went to meet with her in New York 6 years ago and just loved it; very interesting. I was intriqued to say the least. I do believe some people can see things that most of us can't. How accurate are they, who knows....

I wouldn't take it to heart. I think your genes play a big role into how long we all will live plus how well we take care of ourselves. You say you watched your Grandma deteriorate and for that, I'm sorry you had to go threw that, I know what a toll it can take.

On the brighter side however, the strides they make in the science of medicine can be incredible at times and the things they can do better each day keep growing so by the time. Look at it this way, even 10 years from now, what will medicine be able to do to make things easier and 10 years after that, after that.....
    peggy353

Answer by peggy353 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There are a TON of people who have had false readings with her. I would read the stop sylvia website. There are numerous accounts of her being a fake. She preys on people who are missing loved ones who have died.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Oh wow, I think Sylvia and John Edward are both really gifted. I'm not questioning her abilities, knowing some of it can be wrong or untimely, I was just disappointed with the news. I wondered if others had a reading with her and their thoughts. I've seen her son as well but wanted info on past lives more than persent day. I waited two years to see her so it was a big deal as I've read everything and formulated the King Kong of lists! Anyway, just wondered if others had spoken to her.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't understand why anyone would go to a physic for their future readings....Deut 18:10 states, you are not to be found around anyone who practices divination, sorcery, mediums, spiritist? or anyone who consults with the dead. I have never had my future told or my palm read because I was raised that the Bible was against it. What do the rest of you think, just curious?
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sylvia Browne is a joke.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2009