Can someone give me some scriptures or explain to me what the womans role is in the marriage according to the bible?

In the New Testament how it says you should treat your husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ephesians 5:22
    Titus 2:5
    I Peter 3: 1-3
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We're told in New Testament to honor and repect our husbands. I learned something recently about that. It doesn't say only to respect them if they're worthy of respect it just says to do it. That's hard for me but there it is. The Bible also says the husband is the head of the wife. I've heard all kinds of explanations trying to negate this view but you can't. When he's the head of the wife that just means that he is responsible for the wife. He is the spiritual leader. He is to love her as Christ loved the church. That doesn't mean the wife can't make decisions on her own. If he's good with that then God is good with that. Most husbands want their wives to take over and be responsible for many things and that's great but God is still going to hold him accountable so he needs to oversee and be aware of all things in the household. It's not a chauvanist thing it a man honoring God and his wife.
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 10:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• A wife of noble character is her husband's crown. Prov 12:4
    Titus 2:5 is a good one listed above.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I was going to post the same ones mommiejay posted. If you want to learn more about a woman's role as a wife according to the Bible and God's plan, I suggest sitting down with a pastor or a woman who you trust that has a thorough understanding of the Bible. Many people read those scriptures and are turned off by the seemingly chauvinistic perspective. However by proper translation and putting the verses into context and understanding the history of the times they were written (and whom they were written to, those books of the Bible were letters to people), you can better understand what God expects from a Christian wife.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• As subserviant slave.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009