• In the Spotlight:

How do you answer the question "What church do you attend" if you don't go to church!

my stepson goes to a church affliliated school so i get this question a lot...i am just looking for an answer aside from "i don't go to church"....is there another way to put it???

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just say we do not have a home church at the moment.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Ask them why they want to know?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Nope, can't really think of one LOL I mean... either ya go or ya don't.

I get it all the time... I answer with "I don't go to church"... which is usually followed up with something like "Oh.... why?" or "Oh.... are you....uh...not.... ya know...?" LOL

And so it begins ~~~ again ~~~

(being a non-Christian homeschooler living in the Bible belt makes for interesting interrogation sessions ---- er, I mean conversations... yeah, that's what I meant...)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I hear ya! I'm kind of new to the south and this question throws me off everytime... I am really not a shy person and usually have NO problem speaking my mind but for some reason I feel ashamed to say I don't go when people ask!! Ugh..I just need to stand my ground!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree with the first repsonse....We don't have a home church at the moment or you could make something up that you dont think anyone else would know of
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Just answer honestly, say you don't go to church, they just might want to invite you to their church.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Nearest fellowship is too far to drive, which is true, I just don't specify which kind of fellowship.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Easy, "we don't have a church"
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Since the church is the people and not the building.... your church is where ever you are. Sometimes for me with a small group in Mena, sometimes on my couch or in the woods on our property or my porch swing.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 12:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• why not just tell them the truth? a direct, truthful answer should do it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2009