csection?

i had a c-section with my 1st and now that im pregnant with my seconf the doctors is leaving the decision up to me im leaning towards another c-section because it will be planned in advance so that i will be able to have everything ready also my fiance will be able to take the first wk or two off to be with me and help out. in a sense why go through the pain if i dont have to because the dr said that because i already had one theres a good chance i could have another one anyway. so what do you girls think or have any of you had to make the same decision and what was or what would it be?

kaszilynn88

Asked by kaszilynn88 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• warning, you might get snotty answers for this one...
    Anonymous

• aww im just curios what other people have experienced i mean im not sure i am also considering trying for a vaginal because that is the natural way and i think it would be good to atleast try so like i said i havent decided i just want to what other peoples situations have been and how it worked out for them so no negative comments please.
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My first baby was by emergency c-section. But the second baby was natural. I really felt like I was missing out on "having a baby" when I didn't get to deliver the first one naturally. I am very happy that I was able to experience the labor and the delivery. Afterwards, due to a back injury and surgery, the rest of my 3 daughters were delivered by c-section and I didn't have a choice. I know other mothers who had 1 c-section and their doctor would not even give them a choice of delivering naturally. So if your doctor is giving you a choice, you should go ahead and at least try it naturally. Don't worry about the pain--it's one of the tests that God has given us, to prove that we are stronger than men! And He doesn't put on us anything that we cannot handle. ;-) *wink*
    5_girlz

Answer by 5_girlz at 11:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• A lady at my church had a repeat section with her last baby. She said that the second c-section was harder to heal from. She had 3 children vaginally and said that she would go that route if she could go back and change.
    I think the healing process is harder after your first because you already have a little one that you have to keep up with. I guess in your case it would really depend on how old your child is and how much they depend on you.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i had a csection with my first and with my second i wanted a vbac sooo bad, and i was in labor for 6 hours when the doctor said i had to have a csection i went in balling my eyes out, they ended up putting me in twilight sleep cuz the epi didn't work, so when i woke up i was back in my room, i looked over at my sleeping husband and it all came flooding back to me what happened and i started balling my eyes out again until the meds knocked me out again, i woke up a few hours later and started balling my eyes out again. that's how bad i wanted a vaginal birth. to me, i'd say you go for a vaginal birth, cuz some women would kill to have a vaginal birth. GL w/ ur decision
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I've had to make the same decision and I choose to do a VBAC rather than a c-section. It was much safer than a repeat c-section. I'm so glad I did because I was able to take care of my son and I was back to normal in a couple of days! I would NEVER go through another c-section again if I had to choose.
    Anonymous

• I agree with these guys. I plan to go for a VBAC with my second, after having an emergency c-section with my first. I was devastated, similar to armywife43, in that I started bawling the minute the doc said c-section, and I cried all through the surgery and into recovery. I was absolutely devastated to have a c-section, and even though I know it saved my son's life, it's still hard. I really hope to have a successful vaginal birth next time.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am planning on trying a VBAC and hope I will be successful in May.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I had an emergency c-section w/my first. With this little guy I will be having another c-section. I have a back injury and can't push...nothing I can do about it so I don't feel guilty or less of a woman because I couldn't deliver naturally.
    sunnygal27

Answer by sunnygal27 at 6:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I just had my 3rd baby in October and I had a VBAC and it was natural and it went perfectly! I went to 42 weeks and went into labor totally on my own with no help, had my baby in 4 hours total and both the baby and myself were and still are totally healthy!
    VBACs actually carry LESS risk than having a repeat c section which is major abdominal surgery....plus c sections are harder to heal from, they can make initiating breastfeeding more difficult because of the extra time you may have to be away from baby while in recovery....I just personally dont like to mess with nature, I TOTALLY regret the c section that I had, I let things happen all on their own this time and it went great, I wish more women would do it but they dont, I dont know why they want to have multiple major surgeries instead of birthing how God and nature intended
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 6:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2009