Loooong distances?

Some have it worse, some have it easier.
Me and SO live 60 miles apart (one way), and I normally only see him on the weekends. It's hard but I love him, just got to tough this out.
Anyone else in this situation??
(Of course the military spouses/girlfriends are, bless your hearts!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Yea. Military. I live in sunny California and DH is currenty stationed in Iraq. ...hmmm. thats like 7000 miles away. one way. but i love him!!!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yes my SO lives 1400 miles away =( and no not a military wife or anything. hes in college in TX
    Anonymous

• My hubby is 2000 miles away tonight, he left over a week ago and will be gone about a month. It's very hard but the Love we have for each other carries us through.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Been apart from my so for almost a year, and it SUCKS!! Am praying that we'll be in the same area code within the next year. He lives near Chicago, and I'm in southwest missouri. Oh and I have not seen him even once in this past year. Am praying I'll be able to afford to go for a visit within the next month or so. I don't wish this type of relationship on ANYONE! I wish you luck!
    Anonymous

• i don't find any guy to be that trustworthy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Im 400 miles away from my boyfriend :( its hard, but he is definately worth it and I know I can trust him and he trusts me
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 12:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm not at this very second, but I am a LOT of the time. My dh is military. He was deployed and gone a lot between the deployment and all the workups, plus the yard period before that, and the deployment before that, and the one before THAT one, etc...

He's getting ready to go again, this time to a school for 3 mos before we transfer.

I know it's hard, but remember, emails, phones, webcams if you can, letters (even if you just put notes in his stuff before he goes), care packages - whether you mail them or send them with him, etc, are your friend :-)

Also, remember, your guy must be pretty special or you wouldn't be with him, right? Well, isn't weekends with him better than all the time with some less special guy? :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My SO is going to Cali and I'm staying in Illinois for the time being.. a few months.. not bad
    At the moment he lives over an hour away and we get to see each other once a week :(
    Also I dated a guy who was in Iraq for a year.. I was lucky enough to get calls from him almost daily which helped tremendously!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I've done it before, and it is SO hard. You have to spice it up sometimes.
    Webcams come in handy, text messages during the day.
    Send pictures online or on the phone.
    Write actual letters to each other.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 2:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm sorry but how can you have a relationship that's only on the weekends. It sounds like you're his weekend jumpoff. The rest of the week is for himself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2009