I wanna know what you all think about those woman who SCHEDULE csections.

Do you think they're nuts? Do you think it's ethical despite the proof that it is unhealty for babies for numerous reasons? Do you think it's safer? Do you think it's okay because it makes life for everyone more convienient?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Personally I think that unless it is for a *TRUE* medical emergency, scheduling a c-section is ridiculous. I would never bash someone for their choice, but I don't have to think it is the right one.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• no, its their bodys, their life, and their child. its up to them to make the decision they feel is best for them
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree. People need to mind their own business! If it feels right for someone it's their call. People spend WAY too much time worrying about other people.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• some of us women had no other choice,my first baby was a emergency c c we both almost died and my second was also a emergency cc and due to babies one and two baby three was a scheduled cc due to probs with my first two.it is a woman's choice its just as safe as vaginal births..

Anonymous

• Unhealthy? What??? At least our babies have nice little round heads.... Not those little gourd shape heads that babies born natural have!!! Natural childbirth is about the most traumatic thing ever for a baby.. You might want to do some research on this question of yours.
    Anonymous

• yeah no kidding who are you to say if my decision or anyone esles is the right one first off i didnt even say i was planning it i was wanting to know about other peoples experiences. also my dictor has told me its prefectly safe for the baby and also by going natural theres is a chance that becasue of my first c section it causes your uterous to be weaker than before my uterous could rupture killing me and my baby so i really dont think thats any more dangerous than having aanother csection and what about hospitals who dont allow you to make the decision i knwo of lots of places who say once a c-section always a c-section so maybe you should get your facts straight because it all depends on the person the doctor and the situation and whats going to be the best decsion for everyone.
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Why would someone schedule a C-section? o.o I didn't know people did that...I didn't know anyone would WANT one...???
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Risks of a CC
    One of the best ways to review the benefits of natural vaginal birth is to examine the possible risks of having a c-section.

On the most basic, primal level, c-section can be a violation of your body. It is cutting you open. If the reason is not a valid one or not explained to you, you can feel betrayed and violated. The "what if's" may haunt you and you may feel like a failure as a woman.

With a cesarean rate approaching 30% in the USA, it's troubling to think that so many women are going through surgery that may be unnecessary and emotionally damaging.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• A c-section is also physically damaging. It is a major abdominal surgery. All cesareans involve a wound across the abdomen and the uterus. There is also risk of damage to organs around the uterus, including the possibility of nicking the bowel. Babies can also suffer accidental cuts from cesarean operations.

There is a higher risk of blot clots following a c-section than a vaginal birth. Hysterectomy is more common after cesarean. The risk of maternal death is higher.

The risk of uterine infection is much higher after a c-section than it is after a vaginal birth. There is usually a longer hospital stay for the mother, and she is at a higher risk of being re-admitted to the hospital later for complications.

outstandingLove

• The severity and length of pain after a cesarean is much greater than after a vaginal birth. You may feel more pain during a vaginal birth than you would during a cesarean. But shortly after birth most of that pain will be gone (unless you receive intervention such as episiotomy). Pain from cesarean surgery continues on into the early weeks and for some women, months.

Risks for Baby
    As was already mentioned, there is a risk of cuts on the body of your baby from cesarean surgery. Babies born by c-section are much more likely to have respiratory problems than babies born by vaginal birth. They are also at much higher risk for developing asthma later in life.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009