How do you get the smell of cat pee out of bedding?

A short time ago our cat was ill and would not use the litter box. She ended up peeing on some blankets which we had folded in a storage room. I have washed and rewashed everything numerous times but I can still smell a trace of the scent on one of the blankets. Is there anything I can use that will take the smell out for good or will the smell always be there? I am also looking for something that will remove pet odors from the carpet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pets

• Buy new bedding. And find your stinky cat a new home.
    Anonymous

• get an enzyme cleaner, they literally eat the stain - I love Biokleen. you can also find enzyme cleners at the pet store, but I like the biokleen because it contains no toxic or harsh chemicals or fake fragrances - and you can use it all over your house and not worry about it harming your kids or pets. look for it in the green cleaners. it's called Biokleen Bac-Out
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• you can try a hunting descenter laundry soap.Kinda expensive but it does work. It is meant to get a human smell off of humans for deer hunting. It will take a scent out of anything I swear.
    Anonymous

• Vinegar/baking soda
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Soak or spray the area that smells with a product called "Nature's Miracle" . It is a cleaner that uses enzymes to break down urine and destroy scent molecules, and comes in a red and white bottle, and you can get it at any pet store, and probably even at WalMart or a drug store like Walgreens. Then, re-wash the bedding with vinegar and baking soda (along with your normal laundry soap). After drying, the scent should be gone.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:53 AM on Feb. 28, 2009