IF YOU HAD STREP B......

WOULD YOU HAVE A C SECTION TO LESSER THE RISK OF THE BABY GETTING SICK?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you had it then you have it most women have it its nothign to bad and no i wouldnt because they give you antibiotics to avoid that they give it to you when you are in the hospital for labor so no i wouldnt get a csection
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• NO! There are a lot of possible complications to having any surgery. They will give you IV antibotics during labor, so don't wait until it gets really close. I had my last 2 with strep B, no problem. They just kept me on the IV during delivery.
    redhddiva

Answer by redhddiva at 11:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• THANK YOU BOTH I WAS VERY CONCERNED
    Anonymous

• if i had that id make sure i washed good.
    Anonymous

• Nope, while your in labor they give u something threw an I.V. that protects the baby.
    MommyOct.31

Answer by MommyOct.31 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• With my first pregnancy, I did have group B strep, and they just had me on antibiotics through labor. It's nothing to have surgery over! It's so common that it's practically routine in half of all pregnancies. Don't fret. PS My 2nd pregnancy tested neg for it, so it's not like you have it forever...
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 12:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• NOPE!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 6:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• with my second pregnancy I had it and they gave me antibiotics through an iv when i was in labor to get rid of it.
    Anonymous