Is this true?!

I have missed my period for 6 months now. And no, I am deff. not pregnant. And dont have the money to see a GYN. But I was told by my cousin who is studying to be a doctor that my excessive coffee drinking can cause missed periods. Now I only drink a cup or two a day. Could that be it? What else can cause a missed period? I know stress, but I am always stressed and it hasnt cause any problems with my period before. So what else?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• im in the same exact boat you are in but i quit taking the pill and ever since then i haven't had one! idk what is going on!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Pre menopause it sucks but it can do it.
    Anonymous

• I think if you are too over or under weight, that can cause it as well..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, having a cup or two of coffee should not effect your period. If you are underweight that could be it, but it could be something more serious too (there are a lot of things it could be)- you really need to see a doctor. Can you go to a planned parenthood? they can usually see you with a sliding fee scale. You don't mention how old you are, but assuming you are between 18-35 you should be getting your period.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• if you are obese, thyroid disease, prolactin secreting tumor, Stress is a big one, early menopause. There are free or low cost clinics. Look them up.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• lol 1 or 2 cups is not even approaching excessive. it could be any number of things. I'd save up for an appointment.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I am 21. Im an average weight for my age and height. I had this problem before, when I first started my period, i was 12. Got it 6 times. Then didnt get it again for a year. I went to the doctor then and they had no idea what was going on. Also, I am still ovulating. Just no period. Its really strange. And when Im due to have one I get all the symptoms, it just never comes.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Also I was on the pill. It will be a year in April since I stopped taking it. If that might have something to do with it?
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• menopause...but also hormone imbalances can cause you to stop. Sometimes the Dr. has to go in or give you something to get it started again if you are not in menopause. Call your Dr. or call a different Dr. Research the Dr. online and make sure they are really focused on womens health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• chech out your local heath department. My state offers to ANY person full health exams free of charge.. And its sad to say but is the best health care you can receive.
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 1:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2009