takin away bottle

When you took your babys bottle did you have to tell them someone took it so they wouldnt cry if so who did you saw took it. I took dds finally she's 2 1/2 and told her the mail-man took it hes a friend of my parents that i dont like cause he was rude to me when i was pregnant so i told her he took it and sent it to a poor little girl that didnt have one and she seemed happy with that. When my mom took mine she said she told me the trash men came and took it lol

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 11:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We didn't have to. She was 12 months old and had one bad day, used to going down for nap and bed with it. Day 2 though she just acted like it never existed.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son was 9 months old and one day just decided he didn't like it anymore and wouldnt take it for anything. My daughter on the other hand is putting up a fight at getting rid of hers, she still wants just one bottle at night and will drink out of a sippy all day, even at nap times, bedtime she has to have her bottle though.
    Gabriels06Mommy

Answer by Gabriels06Mommy at 3:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I didn't have to. We took the bottles away at 6 months. They cold use a sippy so there was no need for the bottle any longer in our opinion.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My kids were all 9-12 months when the bottle went bye-bye.

I've heard of people telling their kids things like "the pacifier fairy" took it when they take away their pacis, but again....our kids had their pacis gone around 12 months, so....not an issue.

We personally do not intentionally lie to our children, even about little things, since we expect them to tell US the truth.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I took my little boys at 6 months. He went to a sippy cup and never had a problem with it. I think this method is best because they aren't old enough to put up a fight.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009