Not sure if this is a yeast infection or if I'm allergic to latex?

I started itching down there a couple days ago. When I use the bathroom it burns, there's a weird smell to it as well. My husband and I have been using condoms more and it's starting to hurt down there. Ive never had a problem with condoms before, so I don't know if I'm allergic to it now. This is the first time Ive ever gone through this. Any ideas and what can I use to help? Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• i am highly allergic to latex i did the same thing,what is weird is that i didnt get the allergie untill 2 years ago and it can cause a infection i would see the doc and stop useing condoms.
    Anonymous

• If you're not having a problem with your bra/panties, then it's probably not a latex allergy. After our son was born, we tried condoms (it had been at least 3 years since we'd use them) and I had the same symptoms. My midwife said I'm allergic to the spermicide, not the latex. Get checked out by your Dr., it could be the spermicide.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes I agree...spermicide.
    Take a warm sits bath with some apple cider vinegar and some baking soda. Drink lots of water and chamomile tea..then get lots of rest for a day. Call your Dr. if you want but a couple baths of that should take care of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have a latex allergy myself and realized it first after having sex.. it would burn for a few hours... then I noticed it burned while having sex.. then when wearing latex gloves... the sensitivity got worse every exposure :( there are several brands of non-latex condoms out there... make sure you read the box before buying them.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009