i am about 6 wks pregnant and i hadnt been to Doctor yet because i just found out. My appt is tuesday. But lately

i have been having really bad lowerback pain scale of 1-10 about a 7 or 8 pain wise. little sharp pains in my tummy here and there..but it only last a short time...Do u think i should go to ER to make sure everything is ok? Was trying to wait till my Dr appt on tuesday..Thanks for ur feedback!

briasmommie

Asked by briasmommie at 11:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if the pain is that bad then yes go to the er and get checked i started having bad pains and i found out i was miscarring its bette rto be safe then sorry
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If it gets to bad I would go in, but it might just be your uterus stretching and getting ready for the the baby to grow. Maybe call your doctors office tomorrow and see what they say if you can't wait and the pain is to bad go into ER for peace of mind!
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• pain that early in a pregnancy doesn't sound normal - you need to make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy (sorry that may be spelled wrong). I would call your doctor and tell them what you're experiencing and see if they can see you asap.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I made like 4 trips to the er during my pregnancy. I may have been crazy. But some pains can scare the shit out of you. And there is no harm in getting checked out if you think you need to. Better to be safe than sorry. Or you can wait and call the doc in the morning. Depends on how badly you hurt.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I know that back pain is actually a sign of pregnancy. You will have pains on your tummy..
    Go lay down on your side and drink lots of water when that happens if youre scared. I think sharp pains in the middle of your tummy is a warning sign. Dont stress..just take it easy and get lots of rest. Call your Dr. if you have questions even before your appointment...its what they are there for.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• lower back pain can also be a kidney infection. you should definately see your doctor. some women get kidney infections while pregnant. it could also be something else, at least call the doc and see what they say.
    Rachel_May

Answer by Rachel_May at 12:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I had a kidney stone or maybe stones when I was pregnant with my daughter and I was I know like 6mths pregnant. I had lower back pains and was also getting contractions from it. It all stopped when I went to the hospital and they gave me meds. With this pregnancy my lower back used to hurt all the time when I was only like 6-8weeks pregnant. It has stopped mostley. You will have cramping and some pains from everything stretching, but not like pains where it makes u cry alot.
    Anonymous