Babies and road trips...

Ok... so my family is going on a vacation this weekend. It is a five hour drive... the problem is, i had my baby two weeks ago( actually eleven days ago) and i was wondering if it is ok for me and the baby to go along with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i did!! my daughter was three weeks old and we went on a 6 hour car drive and she was fine! she pretty much slept the whole way. we made sure to stop on her normal feeding schedule for her to eat, that way she didnt get all messed up, but its not a bad thing to go on a road trip!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my son was born in another state then where we lived with him being 3 days old we drove 8 hrs home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My grandma died the day after my first was born, and when he was 6 days old, we drove 5 hours into Wisconsin for her funeral. Honestly, there were no issues whatsoever. Being so young, he slept most of the time anyhow, and we made just one or two stops along the way to change him, or just to take him out of the seat to hold him. Whatever you do, though, don't be tempted to take your LO out of the carseat while driving!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 1:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• babies are the easiest to travel with because they sleep longer and probably through the whole thing. try a 3 and 5 year old. That's when boredom come in. I think you'll actually enjoy the trip.
    ladyheather900

Answer by ladyheather900 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I took my son on a trip to Arkansas (from Illinois) he slept pretty much the whole time... I actually had to wake him to feed him and such
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If you had a vaginal birth make sure you bring a boppy or hemorrhoid pillow to sit on so that you are comfortable. Also remember to be very forgiving with your schedule. I had one day take us 8 hours to make it 200 miles but we also had many days that were fairly good movin, just be flexible. As others have said as a reminder NEVER, while driving, take baby out of the carseat for any reason. Pull over take those extra minutes to stretch your legs. Good Luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• when my lo now 3 was 8 weeks old we had to evacuwait our home for a hurrican we where in the car for almost 23 hr and went 200 miles he slept most of the time we feed him and changed him when he woke up but for the most part he was the best rider in the bunch it was 120 out and the rest of the group about lost our mind but the baby he had no clue what was going on the 7 yr fell asleep in the shower when we finally got where we were going

Anonymous