Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??chest pain??

Hi this queation is for me. i am 20 years old and lately around 2 weeks ago i have been experiancing chest pain on and off. It only last me seconds but when it does during so i get shortness of breath, cant breath deep and i cant move instantly because if i do it feels tighter. i havent gone to the doc, waiting for medical card but i wouldnt like it to be something dangerouse. i have a 2 year old boy and a 6 month old girl like any mom out there i dont want to ''leave'' them, any suggestions?? thnx :p

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

Answers (5)
  • when u get them i would go to the er... if u r all worked up when this happens it could be a panic atake if u r calm when they happen it could be the start of a minor heart problem... on the other hand it could be a breathig problem that causes the pain anyways i as a RN recommend goingt o the er when u get the pain

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Could it be heartburn? Heartburn effects people differently. I feel it between my shoulderblades, and it hurts like HELL. Until you can get to a doctor (and you should), try taking Tums or Pepto to see if it helps. If it does, that's what it could be. You don't, however, want to mess with your heart. Please seek medical attention whenever you can. Good luck to you. :)

    Answer by KatieBatey at 12:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • dont be to alarmed thinking its your heart it could be your gallbladder or a hydle hernia both have characteristics and mimic a heart attack have your doc or a er doc do some test,it sounds like its caused by your stomach so don't worry to much sweets good luck


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • There are so many things that it could be. Problem is if you have heart problems that are undiagnosed it could kill you. So maybe you should look into a county hospital or somewhere where they have free care? I know you don't have medical care.
    I would do these things:
    Document when it happens, what you are doing, how you are feeling ect.
    Write down what you have eaten that day.
    Try tums or another antacid. See if it helps.

    Good luck.

    Answer by SusieD250 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • try go to a chiropractic in your area, who will work with you on make some kinda of payment.
    make sure is chiropractic know kinesiology.i know this will help. if you have some question.just email. good luck

    Answer by sosobuttercup at 11:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.