ultrasound

I had an ultrasound the lady said i was having a girl but when i looked at the pictures i did not see anything. how accurate is an ultrasound, when did she notice the baby was a girl? when she was measuring????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Never, ever trust an ultrasound when it comes to the gender. I've known people who were supposed to be having girls that had boys, and one that was supposed to have a boy had a girl instead. I don't know the statistics for accuracy - that is on the techs' shoulders. She probably had a look after she looked at your baby's spine. That's what they did for mine. They would look down the spine, then get between her legs with the ultrasound wand. I've been told three times in a row now that she's a girl, but we'll see. Don't get your hopes up until they tell you at least another time that it's a girl. Good luck to you.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 12:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i hope the PP is wrong lol or else myl ittle one is gonan be dressed like a girl till its like 3 lol
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• How far along are you? Did the technician walk you through what she was doing while you were having your ultrasound done? My ultrasound tech told me every body part she was looking at when she was measuring my son and then showed me his penis. You could see it plain as day right there on the screen, and then she even printed it out for us. No doubt there for us. Usually they say when looking for a female's gender in your ultra sound photo you're looking for 3 lines. In the case of my son, it just LOOKED like a little penis sticking out, so for me they were very accurate. They can be wrong though, they're human afterall. My little sister was supposed to be a boy (they told my mom it was a 75% chance she was a boy), but she came out all girl. :]
    WhiskerLickins

Answer by WhiskerLickins at 12:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i am 5 1/2 months pregnant, the tech showed me and my husband the babies parts but didnt show us the genitals. she told us we were having a girl before she showed us the baby, she went though the parts tho she showed us the brain, heart etc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Usually the tech will be able to tell you how sure they are. Keep in mind NO tech will tell you anything if they aren't darn sure! Mistakes happen, but are VERY rare.... I found that it was pretty easy for me to see for myself both with my first (a boy) and my 2nd (a girl)....
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 2:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2009