I think I have an eating disorder. How do I get help?

I've become overly obsessed with my weight and losing weight. And I've succeeded in a VERY dangerous way. Not eating. I've lost a significant amount of weight and I am honestly happy about it even though I know its not good. I either don't eat OR I eat sugar free low cal popsicles (max 2 a day) and take a multivitamin. It started when I had the stomach flu a while back...I had it for about 3 days and lost a few pounds and was estatic about it and decided to deprive myself of food to lose weight. I knew something was wrong when today I stood up and saw white....and was about to faint until I guided myself to the couch and sat down. My throat is very dry...and I can't concentrate anymore. I'm irritable, and tired...but I like my body. Again, I know this is not good. How do I help myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I had the same problem as a teen, I'd either get help now from family or counseling..I honestly think family is the best but counseling on the side wouldn't hurt if you can afford it..If you stop now it won't be near as hard as it will later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You think you will like your body dead!,don't mean to be harsh,but I have been there,and still in therapy,so I know what it will do first hand,I went through the same thing,a few years back.Yes like you I like the way I looked,but,the smaller my body got ,the bigger I thought I was,I got so obsessed,that I also started laxitives,I got so sick,I really almost died,my girls about lost their mom,I had to be hospitalized,I lost mucsle tone,I could'nt walk,was in a wheelchair for awhile.I have heart damage,I hate what this disease done to me.I have gained weight back,but still weigh 4,5 times a day.I beg you,I don't know you,but you are writing your own obituary,if you don't get help.Talk to you Dr. the can guide you in the right direction.Normaly,I would put this anon,because I am ashamed of how I let this control my life,but if I can do anything to help you ,I will.I mean it,message me,I will give you all the support I can.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Your body needs food. I also had an eating disorder, I have never spoken about it to anyone, but I have overcome it. I started eating healty foods, and excersising, it was a process, but today I am still skinny, I still eat healthy and a whole lot, I try work out 3 times a week. Food doesnt make you fat, its your chose of foods that does. Feed your body healty low fat foods and enjoy a long healthy life. It took me 3 years to have my little boy and that was from my eating disorder!!!! As I said it is a process, in the beginning I used to eat and then run for 40 to 60 min. So it went from one to the other obsession. Good luck
    Shellmybells

Answer by Shellmybells at 4:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i do too, i dont know what to do, i'm aneroxic with a baby, please help... everyone is thin these days, who had a baby, angelie jole nicole right ect ect, i'm OBSESSED too, its great when you dont eat youre thin but feel like CRAP, help...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• op here, thanks for responding...its a hard thing ...I guess because I can't stop? Even though I KNOW I need food...I just can't stop doing this...
    I'm thinking of talking to my husband..maybe he can get me help...because if it were up to me, I wouldn't. I want to, My body is telling me i need help but my mind is saying no...
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences with me. Ihope I am as strong as you guys as overcoming this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• go low carb.. will work for sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2009