How do you get a doctor to listen to you?

ok my 4 month old son was born with congestion. they told me it would go away because it was from the cold i had. I have talked to my kids doctor several times but every time i take him in he sounds fine. but he only has the problem when he is sleeping and i am very worried about it. and yes i have taken him to different doctors.

ladyheather900

Asked by ladyheather900 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are worried take a few videos, on your phone or real, so that when you go in you can show the doctor what it is that worries you. Also chart the problem, when does it occur and for how long? Does it only occur in a certain area of the house (just in the crib as opposed to sleeping in the swing or something like that)? Bring both things with you to the doctor and have him watch and listen to your concerns.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My son does the same thing and my doctor said the same thing. He said if he's not running a rever or having trouble breathing and he's fine the rest of the time than he's fine. My son wasn't born with it though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If it's only at night, ask yourself why? Could he be allergic to something in his crib? or a pet? Unless it's interfering with his sleep, eating, or causing him to cry for extended periods, it's best not to medicate if you ask me.
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 2:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• thanks for the ideas i will try the recording thing.and yeah i agree with the medication thing i dont unless i have to which isnt often for my older boys.
    ladyheather900

Answer by ladyheather900 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009