... SAME QUESTION Natural birth question about size.... sorry

okay so does it matter on the size of the baby if it hurts worse?
i'm planning on having a natural birth no drugs or anything
i'm just wondering if having a bigger baby can make it worse... (harder)
because my baby... preston is his name well when i was about 11 weeks
he was only measuring about 10 now i'm 19 weeks 2 days
when i went to find out what he was i was 18 weeks 2 days she said
that he was measuring at 18 weeks 1 day so i'm thinking he's going to be a
big baby so my main question is will him being bigger make it harder
or is it about the same?
PLEASE BE NICE... I'M ONLY 16 AND I'M A LITTLE NERVOUS

scared_mommy16

Asked by scared_mommy16 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are right, all natural is healthier. I had my first unmedicated and I was 22. By the time I had my baby, I was looking forward to experiencing labor. It was the first time I was really in awe of how amazing my body was. Even though it hurt, it wasn't something that I wanted to miss. I had learned how to deal with the pain through relaxation and accepting the labor. I kept reminding myself that it was only for a short time and then it would be over. My first baby was 7lbs. 12. oz (unmedicated hospital birth) and my second was 8lbs. 6oz (unmedicated homebirth). You don't think about how big/small they are when they are actually coming out. It feels really big no matter what. But the second they are out it is amazing!! You totally forget the pain, and you get the biggest rush ever! It is the best high of your life. I would really suggest hiring a doula so she can help you get to your goal drug-free. Best of luck. PM anytime.
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• oh and when you do natural they still cut you right so you don't tear sorry about the question but i'm just curious
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Hunnie, it's going to hurt no matter what size your baby is. You will be fine, our bodies were designed for this. =)
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i love your answers so much... thank you
    scared_mommy16

• My DR doesn't do epesiotomies unless necessary. You heal better if it is a natural tear. Discuss it with your OBGYN what he/she does. If you want them to perform one, I am sure that they will.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• lol sorry I'm just laughing because all of us, I think, at some point, wanted to have the "natural" drug-free birth--and then we CAME TO OUR SENSES...... only kidding, kinda.
    Anyway, NO, there is no relation between pain level and baby size. Besides, any of their measurements they are doing are estimates, and are going to be way different by the time your last month rolls around. Baby does most of his gaining in the last few weeks, so there is absolutely no way to predict how big your baby will be this early anyway. Don't fret about it because it's pointless..... It's gonna hurt like hell no matter what size he/she is!!!! TAKE DRUGS!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 1:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• no thanks LOL i think a natural birth is healthier and all my family that has had an epidural has had major back problems afterwards so nope no drugs i'll let you know if i cave though
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 1:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Whether you get an epideral,or not,will not make you a failure,honey,I had two babies,I would not take nothing for pain thought I would tough it out,I have a high pain tolerence.Big mistake!!!! it hurt like the dickens,no matter what ,but if I had to do it over again Drugs will be the first words out of my mouth.lol.you will do fine dear,as far as being cut maybe,but they numb you down there.once it is over,you just have the sorness,but that precious baby that will be placed on your chest will be worth it all,beleive me.Good Luck,and God Bless
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• like pretty lil rae said our bodies where ment to have babies other wise why do we get pg i wasnt cut with my dd and only had to have 4 stiches instead of however many you get if you do get cut and dont listen to the your only 16 bit it wont be no harder on you nor the baby if you can get pg and carry to full term then your birth will be just a normal birth im sure they have you in a high risk pregnancy catigory but its just nonsense i had my dd at 16 and i actually had her quicker then some moms for example a mom came in at like 4 in the morning and i came in at 3 in the afternoon and i had my baby in 6hours and she had hers 18 hours later so dont believe what they say as long as you dont stress youll so just fine
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i want to do dan all natural to
    but my issters and everyone but my step-mom was pushing me
    to not even think about no drugs so i hired a doula
    i still aint had the baby but i plan ongoing a natural as i can even if i get induced
    u can do it if it is wut u really want
    i just need a support system and the people telling me i could not do natural jsut gave me
    more of a reason to not get drugs
    im 99% sure it will hurt the same not matter how big the baby is
    so just stick it out as long as u can and good luck and i hope u have the birth u want
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2009