what can i do?

the docs at the er where jumping on to me to get prenatal care cause i couldnt pay my midwife anymore we lost income so i had to stop i have been trying to get on medicade and have a pending case but it takes 45 days and i only have 5 days left til my due date and no obgyn will take me and my midwife doesnt take medicade so what can i do i already called every ob in a 50 mile raidus today and they where all nos any suggestions plz no bashing i have tried all i can think of and thats why im asking other wise i wouldnt be asking id be sleeping to get up in the morning to make more phone calls

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they cant not take u cuz of how far along u are if that is y they wont let u be seen then u can sue
    idk where u live but i know
    99% of the docs in coloraod springs take medicade
    and if u have a pending case it will come up when they look up ur case
    maybe look online???
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• This sounds like a bad option, but honestly your best bet is probably just to show up at the hospital you were planning on delivering at when you're in labor and they will have to treat you. You can sort out the insurance stuff after the baby comes. I would keep trying to find someone, but if all else fails, just show up and have your baby. Many uninsured people have to do this all the time.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• When I was six months pregnant, I lost my job, along with my kick-ass health insurance. I didn't know what to do, so I applied for medicaid, too. Although mine didn't take 45 days. (I think it was only a week or two). Did you mention to them you're pregnant?? Anyhow... all's well now, but I had to find another OBGYN. I know it's hard to find one who accepts Medicaid-- I just looked in the phone book for all the OBs near the hospital I wanted to use, and called them one by one. I finally found one that would take me (based on my special circumstances), and the new doc is even better than the old one!

Keep in mind that you will always have access to healthcare, even without insurance. The worst case scenario is that you will deliver at the hospital, using the OBGYN on duty at the time. I was even told that Medicaid will reimburse medical bills for those approved, for up to SIX months beforehand. You could still be fine...
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 1:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• PS. After I lost my insurance, my HMO doc told me he was required by law to continue seeing me for 30 days, whether I could pay him or not. Maybe this is just Illinois? I don't know. Something to look into.
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 1:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• its not that they wont take medicade they just wont do it on a pending case since im so far along and its not a for sure thing that i will get medicade in there eyes i know ill get it cause we dont have enough money right now to not be granted it and since i live in tx which is a messed up state anyways they are just looking out for themselves i guess thanks for yalls comments maybe ill get some sleep tonight
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Your best bet is if your waiting for it and you think you'll get it, is just show up at the hospital when you go into labor, they legally have to help you and can't turn you away!! Good luck!
    Aidensmommy2be

Answer by Aidensmommy2be at 1:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You can always show up at the hospital pushing. They are required to help you. I would also suggest having some supplies on hand at home just in case you don't feel like going in. Birth itself is a very safe process and having an unassisted birth is free.
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Have you tried calling a medicaid representative and asking them to make a call for you perhaps? Maybe that would help. I don't know.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 7:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2009