Why are people so mean?

It seems as if everywhere I go, from CafeMom, to church groups, to the grocery store, people are just getting meaner and meaner. Why do people feel the need to be mean to or judge others. I think that people 'do better, when they KNOW better'. And until then, I don't have the right to judge...
Peace n Good Night!

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You have to remember sister Jesus warned us.. In Matthew he said IN THE LAST DAYS THE LOVE OF MOST WILL WAX COLD.. HE SAID MOST... So you have to just pray and be nice to people.. Some people dont have God and that also would make them not so happy. you know... I hope this helped and you just remember to be nice to others so they can see Christ in you... God bless you and goodnite sweet dreams

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Thank you hinson. That is exactly what I was thinking. Tomorrow I am really going to think of something really special to do for someone. I think I might go to the grocery store and pay an extra $20 for the people behind me, or something. I am not exactly sure just yet. God bless you too.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Unfortunately, people don't do better when they know better. They do bad when they know better. They do good when they GET better. People (in general) are so wrapped up in themselves till they can only see themselves. They don't like themselves and it seems to ooze from their pours, smearing on anyone and everyone they contact or brush up against. Or if they think they like themselves they definitely don't like others because no one compares to them by their own self-absorbed standard. It is Biblical that people are becoming this way; which is why I pray often that God will keep my eyes open to His love in this world, to keep my heart soft, my skin thick, and my wisdom and discernment continually being refined.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I wonder about that all the time. I also worry for my children. Bad people have been around forever and I still think good hearted people out number them and that gives me hope.
    Panopel

Answer by Panopel at 10:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• People are mean, people are kind. Meaness comes from many things, mostly from the lack of faith and God's love in their life.I feel badly for grouchy, mean people. I try to be nice to them, but being human, sometimes I absorb their nastiness and stress it out, sometimes passing it along to another. God is good, so the meaness obviously comes from the Evil one.
    allboyz2me

Answer by allboyz2me at 10:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think that because of all of the modern conveniences we have, it has made people become disconnected from eachother. With cell phones, if you text, you don't even have to talk to people. Same with email etc. And you can go thru the drive thru for so many things now it's amazing!! And what about the self checkouts at the grocery? And you can order so much online too. And with caller ID i don't even have to answer the phone anymore!! I see so many people (or hear really) on their cell phones and they are so unaware of how loud they are or that i just heard them talk about their yeast infection!! I read an article that said todays young adults are the most narcissistic generation ever. And that is the parents fault. So many parents just gave and gave and never taught their kids to appreciate things, and work to earn something they wanted.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Cont. I tell my husband all the time how rude people are nowadays and if i get someone nice at a store i am so pleasantly surprised!! So many people don't even make eye contact anymore!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Oh, I keep thinking of more! Even at my sons middle school. ALL of the teachers say they do not have time to call parents, just email them. AND....we have conferences twice a year... and we did not get the option to have one the first time around because they have "too many students and not enough time" to see everyone. So when we finally got to go to the second conf. there were only 2 of his 6 teachers there!! I know that teachers are really really busy... but come on....He will have spent an entire school year there and I have only met 2 of his teachers!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Its because they are insecure. We, as a nation, get more and more insecure everyday.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• There are a bunch of idiots walking the planet but that said, you never know what is going on in someone's life (chances are it's something difficult) and so they lash out at strangers. Also, I think with lack of parenting, we've raised a bunch of neanderthals with little etiquette or manners. Sad but true.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009