Gun sales on the rise...

According to this article, due to the state of the economy and fears that Obama may take away the right to bear arms, gun sales are on the rise. What do you think is going to come of this? Better protection for families or more of these guns used to commit crimes?

http://www.komonews.com/news/40334342.html

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We have a very close friend who is a retired state trooper--so we have a complete aresenal at our disposal if we ever need it! LOL

We don't keep guns in our house, but if/when we are attacked by terrorists on a large scale, and local city infrastructures are down, and people start "fending for themselves" we want to be able to protect what is ours by any means necessary!

AND, guns aren't just for protecting yourselves against the "bad guys," you can live off the land better if you can round up a few woodland critters....come here little bunny!!! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Protecting families because people usually use illegal guns that are difficult to trace to commit a crime.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Good point. I find it sad though that people feel the need to resort to buying or stockpiling weapons because of the economy. I wonder how I would feel if I lived in the area I live in now without being military and having the steady pay and relative safety of living on the base.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yeah you are pretty darn safe. :) But for us I would or do appreciate having a gun. I would/do like to know that my family is protected if someone decided to come into our home. It has happened alot here in Texas on the news and usually the robber ends up dead because Texans have guns. I don't understand why they even chance it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My dad sells guns and has made a fortune. Many are buying them because they know how Obama feels about guns. They are stocking up on ammo since they feel it will be taxes heavily in the not so distant future. I know many people who have purchased guns because they do worry they will be restricted under Obama. I don't blame them really. My dad is the type that feels you will get his gun from his cold dead hands. Many Americans feel this way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• So? Really, if you live in an area that you NEED a gun for protection, MOVE. I live in an area where we can leave for hours without locking our doors. Heck, we once left for a weekend and forgot to lock our back door. If I couldn't do that somewhere, I'd move.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Seriously anon 39 not everyone has that option, and heck I have no problem with people legally owning guns because like mamachamp said people aren't going to be likely to go out and commit a crime using a registered weapon, thats just stupid, (although I do watch TruTV and have seen worlds stupidest criminals so I am sure someone would lol) but anyway why would people buying guns and owning guns bother anyone
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have my gun, ready for action if someone even trys. I'll bury it if i have too but it will not be taken away!!! I don't think they will pass this cause theres to many deer hunters around here and they do need it for food and to keep the population down on deers or they will take over! There's only so little woods to live and hide then they rome around the city and in peoples yards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Where I live we can fall asleep with the door unlocked but you never know! And we have a gun and it DH off duty gun and it has a saftey lock and is in a safe. But he takes me to the range to pratice JUST IN CASE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think it's because the world as we know it is about to change dramatically. The economy is driving people to make rash, stupid decisions and the effects of the economy (and our forthcoming socialist nation) is causing more people to want to protect their families and with Obama's serious dislike of guns, I can totally see him eradicating the 2nd amendment, or tweaking it to fit his liberal agenda.

Also, for those thos have said if you're in a "bad neighborhood" to move......what happens when we are ALL in a bad neighborhood because our country is going to hell in a handbasket carried by Obama?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2009