President Obama plans to announce his withdrawal strategy as early as Friday and is expected to choose a compromise 19-month withdrawal plan that leaves behind as many as 50,000 troops for cleanup and protection operations.

And in my opinion, this is how it should be. We need to keep a presence there for a while, but not nearly as many as are there now. They need to concentrate on finishing things up in Iraq and getting more into Afghanistan to do the job over there. What are your opinions (try to keep it respectful please?)

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i agree with you OP. and i'm an Army wife with my DH in Iraq currently.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Forgot to leave a link to the info:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/25/combat-role-likely-forces-pullout-iraq/
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think it is enough now , they should come home now , so mums , wives and kids could stop worrying .

UmZaid77

Answer by UmZaid77 at 2:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• im so glad obama is bringing our friends and family home to many have died in a un called for war its time for our boys and girls to come home..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am all for it!
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I feel our wars are for what we need here GREED and Money! We start them all so we can have what we want or need! To cut down on the population and crulate the money and jobs! It does the same for them also. Theres other ways to do that without killing. They know what they are doing as far as bringing them home, they know on both sides. I know GI's who guarded a big ship with Hiussin in it while we was over there looking for him! They come home and tell us stuff thinking nobody will believe them but i was a military wife at one time and i heard all of the stuff that you would not dream of!!!! I bet Bin Ladden is over here dining things up with Dick Chaney now!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• hmm I wonder if Baghdad, Iraq will soon be a choice on where we would like to go in our next 4yrs of service...

We will always have a military presence in that country.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I agree with the poster above me. Iraq is going to turn into another Korea and it's ridiculous.

I'm glad he'll be revealing the plan..another promise he is keeping.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• To the second anonymous, my husband is military. I know some of the stuff that goes on over there. My husband has been to Afghanistan, and will deploy there again soon. I know what they go through trying to find Bin Laden. I understand the importance of keeping some military in Iraq to help stabilize them, and sending more military to Afghanistan to deal with Al Qaeda especially. They are a HUGE threat to America, and IMHO, if we do not stop them, they will attack large scale on US soil again.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2009