Respect for Obama!!

I think people on here should stop basing him. Maybe you dont agree with some things that he does but oh well, we dont always agree with everyone. Look at his family, there is some SERIOUS love there and I think that is what America needs. A good, strong healthy family to show (most) of us how home life should be...cant we show him a little respect?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that Obama fans should get use to it, Bush got the same exact treatment. No matter what, just under half of the country will hate the choice of president. Typically that number increases over the presidency. If you search the answers for Bush, you'll find hundreds of questions bashing him.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yeah its old. I just don't even click on their questions anymore. There is no point to it really. Let them enjoy their own pity party.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• amen makayla lynn im so glad you feel something positive for obama to..as for bush not being mean but have you not noticed what a bs job he did while in office?there is good reason behind his bashing,as for obama he is making a change to better everyone...its just most of the ones who bash obama is the high class rich folks who are mad that obama is helping out the working,lower,middle class people get a head in the world and it is ignorant those who dont want help for us of those classes im lower class and if bush was still in office or someone like him me and my family and many others would be in homeless shelters obama is doing a damn good job already and he will keep on with the good he is doing....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Respect is earned. When he does something to earn my respect he will have it. Not looking too good so far. I am sure Obama will survive without every one's respect. He will be so rich when he leaves office. Former Presidents make a killing with book deals and speaking engagements. Look at Clinton made millions. Obama will have more money than he could have imagined in 4 or 8 years he could not care less what any of us think. Those who bought his bull should feel duped by him. lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• anon you really should have that surgery done asap it cant be healthy to walk around with that stick there is it not uncomfrtable to sit down with it there?and your rite he could care less for your negative views and he dont need your respect he has billions of others so yours really dont matter its not needed thank youcome again!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Bush got the same treatment AFTER he crapped all over the country for 8 years. Obama has been in office for a month, I think it's too soon for anyone to be saying anything about it. I agree with mamachamp though, the ones who are just having a pity party will just keep having it no matter what.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 4:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• This country should not be a contest and should not have been put in the position in the first place! That stuff should have been done away with years ago, it is old! We the people! Not we the other side! War should not happen on our own turf over such as this!! It's not a football game!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• They put who has the most money in office and know ahead of time, they all do! We haven't really voted for people in years and years, if we ever did! Some of us know that cause we have family in Washington!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Bull. Bush got bashed right away, not as much as later, but he certainly did. And I don't want to get into this, but Obama is not doing good for everyone, he's actually planning some real harm for us military families, like the proposed cuts to our insurance. He also plans to cut the military budget drastically. Now I do not go around posting about it, bashing him and having a "pity party" because he happens to be my husband's commander in chief, and because I don't think he can be all bad, hell over half the country voted him into office. I am seriously concerned about some of his decisions, such as releasing Binyam Mohamed and of course the military cuts. But I think Obama supporters' views are just as valid as my own. I do think it's silly to think that he's getting bashed any more than any past president, including but of course not limited to Bush.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Respect needs to be earned.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009