Is it normal for a baby to sweat while they sleep?

When my 4 month old baby wakes up from a nap or even the next morning she is soaked from sweat. I sleep with her and I feel her body heat. I have tried to dress her in cooler clothes and put only a light blanket on her. She still gets toasty and sweats. Is this normal?

Francinab

Asked by Francinab at 3:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I remember my son doing that too! Especially during naps in the carseat...I would take him out and my poor baby's back would be just soaked! I think it's just because they have such a hard time regulating body temperature. You don't want to dress them too cooly and have them get cold or too warmly and have them get too hot, but it seems there's never really a perfect way to keep their little bodies right in the middle when they're that tiny!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 6:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my 4 month old daughter has the same sweating problem. i dress her in diff clothes diff blankets and it does nothing. my room is really cold at night we dont use heater. and she still is drenched. please let me know if you find a solution.
    haileysmommy017

Answer by haileysmommy017 at 3:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• its okay all three of my babies did that and i asked the doc she said its normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If she was hot and didn't sweat there would be a problem! Sweating is how she cools down. It's not only her body heat but yours as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Dont use a blanket, there shouldnt be one in her crib and she doesnt need one... But its not a problem sweeting...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2009