Have you met any of your Cafe Mom Friends yet?

I am planning on meeting a great friend I met here on Cafe Mom and was wondering I any of you had met your friends? Tell me how it went ....

katt7

Katt7

Asked by Katt7 at 5:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• To "anon" who isn't wanting to make friends now..... I'm so sorry that you experienced a lop-sided relationship that has made you cautious about new friends. Please focus on how much good you did for her when she needed it, and not on the lack of return-caring when you did. I spent a good chunk of my adult life with NO close friends for the same reason and now I wish I'd been a little less judgmental because I could sure use a shoulder or two now. Mom's fading rapidly as her cancer progresses and I won't even have her anymore before long. I'd sure like to have someone I could call to say: "Please come over and just let me cry with you!" Life is very short and we all need every friend we can get. Please don't let that one experience spoil it for you in your future.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I did once and I thought she was a great friend..We hung out..She came over to our house when her husband was deployed and she spent holidays and birthdays with us. I told her my deepest secrets and vented my frustrations out. She was very supportive. For the first time in my adult life I had a true adult friend..And then her husband came home and though I expected not to hear from her for a few weeks while they had their time, I turned into an email forward recipient, except when he went underway..Then she needed me. Am I being selfish? I understand wanting to be with your husband, but I feel like she was a user. I didn't do that to her when mine went away for his training and when we hung out, it was when mine was home too. My husband even took her 3 kids and my 3 so we could have some time out. So I again remain antisocial and guarded.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Oh yeah, the kicker for our "friendship" was over Thanksgiving when she told me we could come to her house, but she had to ask her husband first. Really? After all the holidays she spent with us, she needed his consent? I told her I would rather just eat at Golden Corral or order Chinese food. And it isn't like the guy is a major control freak because he isn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes, I have met 2 of them. The first one lives here in my town and shes a very sweet person. We became very fast friends and we hang out together sometimes. She introduced me to a few of her friends and I introduced her to my friends and we do girls night out together. Its just about time for another one. The other one, I met, invited me to church. We loved it. She was very sweet but she moved away. WE still to to that church that she invited me to. It was a God thing for sure.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• No but I don't really have any cafemom friends. I wold though if I got to liking someone and they liveing a reasonable diatance to me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009