If you bought a home recently...

...and went through the short-sale process, how long did it take until you had a closing date? I know it can average between 30 days and 6 months, but I want to know how long it took in actual experiences. We're just now hitting the 30 day mark tomorrow and I can't wait to find out an answer; it's driving me nuts! I know we may not even be half-way there yet though, so I'm trying to be patient.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We pushed for a quick closing and got it in 4 weeks. In our case both parties wanted a quick closing so we were able to pull it off. The realtor was surprised we did it that quickly without a problem, she said if we had tried to do it quicker it probably wouldn't have worked.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 8:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We bought a house in January 2007.
    We met with the real estate agent on the 7th, looked at houses, chose the one we wanted, and closed on it at 11:00 am on the 31st.
    That was a total of 24 days!
    Best wishes to you - I hope all goes well and you have a smooth move.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009