i am 5 months pregnant and havent gained any weight at all. is that alright as long as the baby is growing normally? my doctors seem put off by it but they don't comment to much. i haven't been sick or anything. just wonderin if anone else has this problem.

jenkent

Asked by jenkent at 7:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as the baby is growing and showing no problems, yes. Just keep asking at every appt.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It's a little odd, but I'd say if all else looks fine, and you are not "purposely" trying to stay thin for selfish reasons, then there's nothing wrong with it. With my first, I was very thin prepregnancy, and didn't start gaining until around the same time, or 6 mos. But the baby was fine and growing fine, I just didn't have noticable weight gain until a little later. Whatever you do, don't starve your baby of the nutrients it needs.
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 7:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I gained 2 pounds in my last pregnacy at 39 weeks and had lost them by 40 weeks. My son was very healthy and weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces. I think you're fine. Some people gain tons some people don't. My midwife wasn't too happy initially but after asking about my previous pregnancies, since I gained little or no weight in them, she was okay with it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I didn't gain any weight at all with my last child. My stomach grew but I was losing weight everywhere else, so my weight just stayed the same. After I gave birth, that 25 lbs that I didn't gain...came right off. I have kept it off too. I just need 20 more off me now.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Some people don't need to gain for some reason. One of my friends just had her baby and she only gained 8 lbs the whole preg and the baby weighed 7 lbs something...With my first I gained 76 lbs and he weighed 9lbs 9oz. My second I gained 34 lbs and she weighed 8 lbs 12 oz. This one so far i have gained 54 lbs...lol. SO we'll have to wait and see how much this one weighs. I always gain huge amounts which thankfully I lose somehow.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2009