Is it normal my 2 year old talks in his sleep?

He was yelling out NO alot last night and sometimes I will hear him and think there is someone else in the room

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 2 1/2 and laughs in his sleep all the time. I think it is so adorable. He's talked a few times as well, but mostly just smiles and laughs. I love it! :)
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 7:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes, it is normal. I have a 3 year old DD who sleep walks and growls in her sleep. She will get up take off all her clothes, go for a quick ride on her rocking horse... sit down and pretend she is a cat and meow and growl... then she gets back into her bed... It was very creepy at first...now we just giggle at her!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Ohh yeah...My daughter is 2 and she talks complete sentences in her sleep sometimes. The other day she was saying ' No ...I dont want blue socks mommy, I want my yellow socks', I go in her room to see whats going on and she is fast asleep... I think its because they are having a dream... and conversing to someone in their dream
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 10:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My 21/2 year old daughter talks in her sleep quite frequently. They are usually short sentences about regular ordinary things, like "I want to do the zipper mama" . I think she is dreaming.
    mamahoney400

Answer by mamahoney400 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2009